Facebook contacts not syncingSupport

1. hud316

hud316 Member

Cleverly managed to delete all my phone contacts when I was trying to free up some memory :mad:

Thought that I would at least get the phone numbers of my facebook friends but my phone now doesnt seem to sync with facebook.

It does with facebook htc sense but that only gives me a few numbers

I've deleted and reinstalled accounts, turned off phone, but nothing seems to work (my friend stream no longer works either)

When I go to settings > accounts & sync facebook for htc sense, google and twitter are all there and have the green sync logo when I go to add account fscebook is listed but has no green sync logo I select it but nothing happens.

Anyone got any solutions

Advertisement
    :
  2. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

You have background data syncing allowed?
  3. hud316

hud316 Member

yeah background data is selected.

Have started manually adding some contacts and saving to my sim...some of these people are on my facebook also, but even this is not letting me link the two contacts into one.

Defo think its a facebook/sync issue
  4. mecampo

mecampo Well-Known Member

its an HTC Sense problem, well not really a problem but they have shutdown the service indefinitely :(
  5. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Try FriendCaster, Just turn off its notifications and such, just have it Sync your contacts.
  6. togger161

togger161 Well-Known Member

I had a problem some time ago where by Facebook would sync OK initially, then stop after a few hours. Problem was sorted by moving the app back to internal storage and not having it on the SD card.
  7. MAF66

MAF66 Member

This. Worked for me.

The problem is down to a dispute between Google & Facebook, so Google won't allow synching of contacts anymore.