1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook contacts only in messenger?

Last Updated:

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So when i go into my messenger and begin to type someones name only my facebook names come up or my favorites. Like i added 3 new people to my contacts since about 2 weeks ago. Yet when i being to type their name in messenger nothing comes up just facebook contacts. I have to go to contacts and find them then message them? Anyone know to fix?

Advertisement
  2. HOTHEAD

HOTHEAD Well-Known Member

Try this,

Originally Posted by iPhone2Droid [​IMG]
    Not "dumb" at all, as many of us have been bitten by that one.

You can get to the same needed screen, either by tapping PHONE, then the CONTACTS tab; or, just tap the CONTACTS icon.

Once within that Contacts-focused screen, hit the menu key. Then, choose DISPLAY OPTIONS. You will see your gmail account address, preceded with a round silver arrow pointing to the right. Tapping that gmail addy opens a drop-down list, reflecting your groups. You'll likely see that MY CONTACTS is pre-selected. Just tap the group you want. You may need to scroll, as ALL OTHER CONTACTS is listed last. Select all contacts

3. punkid

punkid Member

Make sure your new contacts numbers are under Mobile numbers. It defualts to "Home" and it won't show up when you start composing a text message.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks a lot they were under home instead of mobile!!!! Thanks again

5. Mecca144

Mecca144 New Member

:confused: I do not get it. Mine is not thru an email, it is only associated thru facebook, and I have already deleted my facebook, deleted the contact and re-added the contact and then the facebook as well. Anyone have any ideas??