Facebook Contacts overwhelming

Last Updated:

1. thunderous04

thunderous04 New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I have tried everything on the forums to get rid of the facebook contacts and I cannot figure it out.

I have the Droid Incredible and the problem is, is when I go to send a text message or dial a number ALL my facebook friends are there, and some of them have multiple numbers, etc. I don't know how to get these out of there. I have tried unsyncing from the facebook app, I have tried undoing the HTC Facebook app and installing syncmypix and nothing is working. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. macprv

macprv Well-Known Member

try going to the facebook app (main screen) tap menue/settings/sync contacts/ now just check the option for "sync with existing contacts" or "remove facebook data"

-sync with existing contact... it will sync infor from facebook with only the contacts that you have in your phone
    -remove facebooc data... it will not sync anything, and will erase any contact from faceboo on your phones contact list

3. thunderous04

thunderous04 New Member This Topic's Starter

I don't have a sync contacts in my Facebook app. I did however.figure out how to get rid of the contacts but now there is no way to sync pictures/facebook statues without having that on. I am able to use syncmypix to get the pictures but have no way of getting the instant Facebook statues. Anyone have a suggestion? Basically what I'm looking for is to only snyc to contacts that I have entered into my people.

4. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Go to People, hit Menu, and either de-select Facebook for HTC, or select Only contacts with phone number. Or both. :)

5. 1fastyfz

1fastyfz Member

how do you open facebook for htc to access the settings? i can only open the fb android app

6. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

If you have SenseUI, open the People (contacts) app in the drawer.