Facebook Contacts - Phone ContactsSupport

1. ksimp88

ksimp88 Member

I know you can sync accounts, and this works. But I have a problem. I want to treat them as phone contacts. some features, such as backup, and other apps can only read the phone contacts, not the synced facebook ones. Anything I can do about this?

Advertisement
  2. richb82

richb82 Well-Known Member

I'm kinda confused by your question. Are you looking for a backup method for your contacts or something else? For contact backup, just use gmail, don't bother with backup assistant.

If you're trying to sync your FB contacts to your phone contacts so you can see their picture, I found better luck using the FB for Android app, the FB for LG app seems to be garbage when it comes to syncing.
  3. toni8

toni8 New Member

new to this smartphone i thought i transfer my phone contacts to my new LG vortex but when i hit the contact button it saids add new contact,so i just go to dial the number thru the touch pad and the number and name comes there is there a way i can just hit the contact button and there is the contact im trying to call and i still have so many questions out this phone im so in the dark
  4. Positive P

Positive P Well-Known Member

Easiest way to sync Facebook contacts to your phone contacts is find the contact you want to sync, press menu then edit contact. Once in edit press menu again and then "join" your list of Facebook contact matches will appear. Once done just press done till contact is saved.

Side note; contact names have to be spelled similar.