Facebook/Contacts Sync Issue. I know this gets asked a lot but I can't seem to find a good answer.Support

Last Updated:

1. butterandguns

butterandguns New Member This Topic's Starter

Here is the issue.

My Droid X is automatically syncing all my Friends from Facebook into my contacts and I don't want it to. I only want it to pull the FaceBook info for people that I have personally put into my phone. Is this even possible?

If not, then I just want to take all the FaceBook friends out of my contacts. Every thread seems to say go to settings=>accounts=>sync=>uncheck FaceBook. That's great but there is no sync option in my accounts settings. Could it be something wrong with my phone? I'm guessing it isn't an issue with the phone but rather with me being an idiot. Please help. Thank you

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Go into your contacts, and then hit menu -> view -> And uncheck Facebook. This way it will only show your gmail / phone contacts, while still allowing you to sync them with facebook.

3. dlaxman31

dlaxman31 Well-Known Member

I did the same thing. But is there a way to just sync the people in your phones contacts with the their facebook account?

kappajack likes this.
  4. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

I've tried to do this and failed. It's prob the most annoying thing I can find with my phone. I just don't sync facebook anymore because it's super annoying.

dlaxman31 likes this.