Facebook: Contacts Update Automatically - Is there a way?

Last Updated:

1. leeladisky

leeladisky Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to update the People/Contacts account with the Facebook contacts automatically (where the names or email match, obviously)? Kind of like how the Palm Pre does this?

Lee

Advertisement
  2. aznsmith

aznsmith Well-Known Member

I'd actually like to know the answer to this. My hero actually did this once where it randomly gave me the option to link all my contacts to their suggested facebook account. I have no idea how this event triggered though.

3. leeladisky

wow - that's a great trick... anybody?

Lee

4. sleepyEDB

sleepyEDB Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat. The first day I got my Hero I imported all my Google contacts, and while I was manually linking them to Facebook, I was presented with the option to link the remaining contacts all at once, which I did. I can't remember what I did to trigger it, but I know I was in the 'People' app, going back and forth between a contact's info tab and the 'updates & events' tab.

sleepy

5. les anderson

les anderson Member

There is an icon for updates and events in the people app. The option tp link is there. It is in the horizontal scroller on the bottom. Very manual though. Pre has it beat here.

6. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

It's in People, then Updates.

7. leeladisky

You ROCK - that was it!

Lee

8. Archon810

Archon810 Well-Known Member

This is nothing like the Pre though, isn't it? It only syncs birthdays and profile picture - no phones, emails, etc. As far as I know, Pre has an exclusive deal from Facebook on the access to such data and nobody else has it.

9. aznsmith

aznsmith Well-Known Member

The only linking I found when playing with it is that it'll have direct access to people's status updates, events, birthdays, profile pics, and photo albums within the Hero's standard OS. However, I haven't found any way of syncing the events with the standard calendar or having access to profile information, while using the standard OS applications like you can with Palm's WebOS.

Supposedly, android 2.0 update will have native exchange and facebook sync according to this article. I'm not entirely sure what new features that will include for people with phones running the sense UI since htc included a good sum of features that isn't going to be released till later android updates like multi touch gestures.