• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook contacts with numbers showing

roakes

Aug 19, 2009
Hey all,

Just received my Desire and loving it. My only issue so far is that even though I've selected in the People app only to display Google contacts there seems to still be Facebook contacts appearing, albeit only the ones who have entered phone numbers into their Facebook profile.

This causes duplicate entries for the same person in messaging apps (default and Handcent) and in the People app it seems to prefer to show the Facebook contact details rather than the Google ones.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Russ

Linking contacts just seems to give you the ability to stop them displaying as 2 separate ones I guess.

In this case the phone has already done the automatic linking but now the contact shows 2 numbers available for it. One is the proper number I entered originally, the second is the fake number that my friend entered on her Facebook profile. If I un-link the facebook profile then I lose her facebook photo from the contact too.

Upvote 0
Can you not set the real number as the primary one?

I've only just got my Desire but I've had the most success from all this duplicate/facebook sync'ing business by managing my contacts online at www.google.com/contacts

You can merge contacts here and set up groups etc and I find it all a bit quicker.

My suggestion would be to create a Phonebook group and stick all your usual phone contacts in there. Then use the People widget to display this group on one of your home-screens.

Upvote 0
The real number is set as the primary. But when I begin to type in her name into the recipient list for the sms it presents me with the 2 numbers.

All of my contacts come from google contacts and only have their proper information on there, the problem is that the phone is pulling the facebook contact details too when I don't want it to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones