facebook contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Sideshowbob492

Sideshowbob492 Member This Topic's Starter

So i just got the phone today and i love it, but my facebook friends got added to my contacts and I'd rather not have them there. Is there a way to remove them other than manually deleting them one by one?

Advertisement
  2. Sideshowbob492

Nevermind, I figured it out.

3. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Could you let us know how you managed to do this? It's better if it's here and documented so that others can fix this.

4. WalmartSecurity

WalmartSecurity Well-Known Member

If you remove your facebook account from the phone, the contacts should delete themselves. It usually takes a while and perhaps a soft reset for all the contact books (contacts, dialer, etc) to update.

5. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

I'd really like to know how you removed the contacts as well. Been struggling with it all day... :(

6. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

We shouldn't have to completely disassociate our Facebook from our phone just to remove the contacts from our address book. If so, then it's just plain silly and weird.

7. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

Motoblur does that to phone.

Just download the Facebook for Android app in the market and DO NOT SYNC contacts and you are good

But if you use the motoblur version of facebook on the phone, it will sync ALL Your contacts

Paycer likes this.
  8. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Thanks I didn't realize there was an immediate difference.

Are there other differences between the FB app that comes with the phone, and the one available through the Market? If so, are any of them easily noticeable, or are they more for performance than anything else?

9. john0821

john0821 Well-Known Member

Motoblur is possibly the most annoying thing on the phone when it comes to contacts. Sometimes the Do Not Sync doesn't work (or maybe it does after the latest update). I had to open the Contacts app, settings, accounts, and remove FB from it.

10. Sideshowbob492

Yeah, if you delete the motoblur FB account your friends will be removed from your contacts.

11. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

I only want the contacts in my phone (the ones I manually entered) to sync with facebook, but I cant get this to work. Any ideas?

12. john0821

open Facebook app, settings, sync only with existing contacts. You might have to open your Contents, manage accounts, and remove FB.

13. minorthreats

minorthreats Member

I'm having the same issue.

Tried this a few times with no luck.

14. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

Open contacts
    Tap the bar at the top (Contacts: All contacts)

Change from All contacts to whatever you want.
    Google shows only GMail contacts
    Phone shows only phone contacts

15. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

This is basically a temporary fix, which I guess will have to work until there is a fix by motorola. If you restart the phone, it goes right back to all contacts. Also, I don't like having 400+ contacts stored in my phone, even if they are not viewable on the screen at the moment. Just hiding them isn't really what I want but it will do for now. All I really want is to import contact photos...

What I would like to be able to do is set up facebook links to my phone contacts manually. For example, if someone in my contacts list is a facebook friend, then I should be able to link them to the contact in my phone. But if someone from work is in my contact list, I wouldn't want them linked up to facebook.

Another problem is that some people in my phone's contacts are not syncing properly, even though they are facebook friends.

16. john0821

Just delete your Facebook people that you don't want to contact via phone. LOL kidding...

I just did a restart, and you're right.. the old settings return. Damn...

17. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Member

This same issue showed up on my Incredible. I didnt have it long enough to find out how to get rid of the facebook issue, but its not just a Motorolla Blur problem

18. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

You could always delete your Facebook account from the phone. (Settings/Accounts) You wouldn't be able to use any Facebook widgets, and they won't be in the contacts. But I would think the Facebook app, and of course the Facebook website would work.

Your talking reboot, right. Power off, then power on. Mine stays with Google contacts only. I just rebooted to confirm. Weird.

19. john0821

Yea, I did the Settings thing to remove FB as an account but my FB account returned. It might be a bug similar to resize bug that happens when the phone reboots. I've already removed the FB app though since the web version is better for me.

20. 23F5Loar

23F5Loar New Member

This solution does NOT work. Spent hours on phone with Verizon. It's pretty clear this is a bug in Google's Android operating system. No matter how many soft or hard resets I tried, NOTHING allows the contacts to be deleted from the Droid-X. Guess I will delete my Facebook account - need to make a fresh start there anyway.

21. 23F5Loar

23F5Loar New Member

Would you mind sharing how you got it to work? Nothing that Verizon and I have tried has worked so far. Thanks.