Facebook ContactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. bigtex19

bigtex19 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I added someone to my facebook the other day, but I noticed that they didn't show up in my contacts on my phone. How do I update my contacts so that it will show all the people that I have added to my friends on facebook?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. bigtex19

bump

3. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

You posted the thread not thirty minutes ago. This is a forum board. It isn't instant messaging. Just wait patiently for someone with an answer to reply.

4. bigtex19

haha sorry man, im just bored up at work right now. dont really have anything to do. :D

5. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

Is auto sync turned on? Menu>Settings>accounts>facebook, make sure it is setup to sync contacts.

6. bigtex19

when i go to facebook on there i dont have any other options that just my login and password. no autosync or any kind of sync feature:(

7. bigtex19

on a side note i did try removing my account and then trying to add it back and that didnt work either and now all of my contacts are missing their pictures from facebook

8. Dell

Dell Active Member

Same here.

9. bigtex19

when i took my account off my phone and then put it back on it updated all of my contacts but i still dont have the automatic sync or update option on it. i mean what i did works but it took forever and i have to re link all my contacts that were linked

10. themobileman

themobileman Member

Ok let's get some clarity here. When you say you added a contact and they did not appear on your phone, WHERE on the phone where you expecting to see them? In the Facebook for Android application or your phones actual phonebook directory?

11. bigtex19

in the phone book directory, like when you click the contacts icon on your phone

12. themobileman

themobileman Member

Do you have the official Facebook app installed or is it a Motorola Facebook app your using?

13. bigtex19

yes i have the facebook app from the android market place

14. themobileman

themobileman Member

I believe the latest version of the app no longer includes the ability to sync them into your phonebook. It was a much hated feature amongst most people who used it. Indeed, looking through the settings and following the instructions I used to give to people in order to be able to do this shows that the feature has disappeared from the settings menu.

15. bigtex19

well i mean there are some people that i would want to include from my facebook that i add over time. idea: when you add a friend on facebook it should prompt you on your phone if you would also like to add them to your contacts. i mean the tv listings app you can select which channels to display and which not to display, why couldnt you basically do the same thing with the facebook app?

16. themobileman

themobileman Member

The short answer was that you could. However it was an option buried in the Facebook settings that most people, if we are being really honest, are too stupid or too lazy to go hunting for.

Add to the fact most of the phone manufacturers now include software for integrating your Facebook contacts into your phone contacts, plus the numerous third party apps, it's likely they felt it probably wasn't worth further development effort.

Incidentally, when viewing your phone contacts, if you press the phones physical menu button to bring up the settings menu, there will be an option there that says "View". There may or may not be an option to display Facebook contacts by ticking the box next to the relevant group.

bigtex19 likes this.
  17. bigtex19

I know that I can select to view only certain groups on my phone when I do that. I was just saying that the new people that I add on facebook aren't always there because there is no auto-update or even a selective update setting anymore. I don't think I have seen one anywhere on the phone and I have been looking for a good amount of time. Now I am not saying that I might have missed it, because crazier things have happened, I'm just saying that I have not found it nor stumbled upon it yet. I just want to have the stupid selective add option back, or the add all option. I don't really care which to be honest, it's not like it's that hard to find any contact that is in your phone book quickly anyway. PEOPLE JUST NEED TO QUIT BEING LAZY!