Facebook ContactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. GAUG3

GAUG3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have my People app set up to pull Google and Phone only. Facebook is not selected.

When you go into People and hit Search "magnify icon". That thing pops up everybody in Facebook.

Also, when you go to Phone, and start typing it pulls up Facebook contacts.

I don't mind the sync from Facebook to people I actually talk to that are in my phone. I just don't want to see every FB friend. Am I missing another setting?

Advertisement
  2. mhardy3

mhardy3 Member

mine does it as well not sure if you can change that.

3. scudder

scudder Well-Known Member

Yeah...I do NOT like this but would live with it if...IF...I wasn't missing my Google/gmail contacts as well!!

GET THIS: if I go into my People app, I can see ALL my contacts just as I have sent them up through the phone and/or gmail...groups and all. HOWEVER, if I launch the Mail app and start typing the name of a contact that I am CERTAIN IS SAVED, it doesn't come up!! For example, I have 28 contacts with JUST email addresses starting with "X"...like "XScott" and "XDad"...if I type "X" then ONLY EIGHT OUR OF TWENTY-EIGHT show up!!! And If I start typing "XS..." or "XD..." NOTHING comes up or XScott or XDad!!

??!?!?

Any thoughts on this one??

Scott

4. scudder

scudder Well-Known Member

I just FIXED my problem!! Seems that during my recent backup, save, iCal import, export and reimport into Gmail (HAD TO do that for my contacts because I had a Palm Centro before my EVO), FOR SOME REASON, my "email only" contacts I created had the email address in the "Phone - Other" phone number field. Once I moved the email address to the EMAIL FIELD online and sync'ed the phone, ALL my email-only addresses now show up in the "TO" field of the Mail app.

So, I'm happy...hope this might help someone else!!

Scott