Facebook - differences in various clients (adroid, htc, touch, mobile)Support

Last Updated:

1. buffettgirl

buffettgirl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone please explain the differences in the various ways you can access Facebook from the droid (incredible)? Am I missing something here - why are there so many different ways to access it?

Advertisement
  2. jrmckins

jrmckins Well-Known Member

I use "touch", "mobile" and "Facebook App".
    I like the Touch website the best (so far). It seems pretty complete and easy to use. I have one issue with photos.

I just started using the mobile site today (but used it a lot on my BB Storm and liked it). I'm going to use this for the next few days and see if it's better than touch.

I don't like the facebook app. It opens the mobile site far too often. The app should do everything within the app. When they fix this I'll give it a shot.

3. buffettgirl

buffettgirl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok - so, my confusion really is not really confusion then. I use the app a lot, but I also use "groups" on facebook a lot. Groups cannot be found on the app. So I"m always going online to what I think is the mobile app - maybe - not sure. Sometimes I"m in the touch app. Today I was exploring the new "places" and that only shows in the touch app, but there seem to be no easy way to get to the touch app.

It's all a bit convoluted, IMO.

4. Gatman

Gatman Well-Known Member

Hi Buffettgirl - I also use groups of friends extensively, and I have been unable to find a way to filter my newsfeed to only show the particular group I'm interested in seeing no matter what version I use (App, touch or mobile). I know how to do this on the full website, but I would really like to find a way to see just a group of my friends on a mobile version. The mobile version is pretty useless to me without the feature.