Facebook email notification plays a song not on my desire!!??

Last Updated:

1. steve1401

steve1401 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    My desire started playing a song yesterday, all by itself - which took me by surprise!

Turns out it happens every time someone posts me an email using Facebook (i.e a facebook to facebook email, not to my google a/c). It shows as a unique icon in the notification bar on the phone just as a new text would, and when I slide it down the song stops and the icon disappears, but if I don't I get the whole song!

I can't remember the song, but it's a recent chart hit, and I have never owned it, let alone installed it on the phone itself - I'll try and determine what it's called later.

Anyone know whats happening or where this song may be living on my phone?

Cheers
    Steve

EDIT - btw, the song doesn't show in my music player or ring tones...

Advertisement
  2. deek0

deek0 Active Member

By default I'm sure facebook notification is "facebook pop" Is it possible you have changed this? Check in the settings on the facebook application.

Also if you plug your headphones in sometimes the music player can start automatically.

Hope this helps?

3. steve1401

This is it, I haven't changed any ring tone or notification settings for any app. Also, I can only find a generic notification setting, not an individual one for just for facebook????

BTW - the song that plays is the full song, not just a snippet, the full 3 or 4 minutes!!

Ahh - I have also noticed that all the messages which play song are sent using facebook mobile???...

4. deek0

deek0 Active Member

Have you actually checked though. Open the facebook app press menu. Notifications should have the check box ticked. At the bottom it should say notification ringtone what is selected here?

5. steve1401

I did as you suggested. 'Notifications' IS ticked, but at the bottom where you can choose a notification, none of the radio buttons are highlighted!

I have asked a friend to send me a message from Facebook and sure enough when the facebook app synced, the song played. I 'shazamed' it and turnds out it is the Foo Fighters song See You, which I DO have on my mobile - doh.

Don't know how this was randomly picked out, but I think that it is a bug. In fact the Facebook app seems a bit buggy altogether, I amongst a whole lot of other people get Facebook profiles attached to service text from t-mobile and such like (see the sticky thread).

6. deek0

deek0 Active Member

I'm on 3 so no experienced any these T-mobile facebook bugs. Hope you get it sorted.

7. markdeacon

markdeacon New Member

I had the same thing on my htc desire sim free. I just went into the facebook application press menu, settings then pressed notification ringtone and changed it to silent.