Facebook & Email notificationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. lxy33

lxy33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got the Epic 4G and I'm confused about how to make my facebook notifications show up AND how can I add a hotmail account and see that I received a new email? I'm confused! I have gmail but the icon won't show how many emails--only on the top left.. advice anyone?! Ahhh :D

Advertisement
  2. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

for gmail, try either
    Gmail Unread Count - Android app on AppBrain

or
    LauncherPro - Android app on AppBrain
    (has the option to show unread count in dock)

as far as fb notifications, they should only show in notifications area. and i have no clue about hotmail (wasn't aware people still used that :eek:)

3. lxy33

ya ya ya! I know! I only have it because I still keep in touch with some people, so it's an old "backup" LOL!!!! be nice ;)

so with Facebook, you can't have the F icon show with a number or messages? I'm coming from a Blackberry--so I'm curious!

4. vjice

vjice Member

The facebook app for android suck bad compared to blackberry the only way your will get your notification rite away is from your email until they improve the app sorry.....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

5. Bmerz

Bmerz Well-Known Member

From what I have been reading, I am not going to be able to use the FB app. Unless someone knows how to...

I have 2 folders within my FB account, one is for family/non-gamers (A List), and the other folder is for gamers (Gamers). When I post a status message (using my laptop FB), I can select which group of people see my status/and or post.

I've been looking for a solution to this, as I'd like to only import my A List into my phone, as well as only allow them to see my status and or postings. Anyone figure this out yet, as to how to do this?

I really do not want 200+ gamers on my phone, and I don't want to share any personal info with them either. So far (unless someone knows differently), looks like I'll be using a browser on my phone to access FB.

6. lxy33

I'm also tempted not to use Facebook on my phone, it links EVERYONE on your phone book, even people's email you won't ever use! The only way I know I get a notification is via email! ugh! It's a little frusterating for the sole reason that Facebook is pretty popular on phones! They really need to fix this! Also I notice the updates aren't very accurate...... bleh!

7. technomama

technomama New Member

Ah - bummer! I get an error message when I tried to view FB notifications, and I really don't want my notifications by email (I had the option on my BB, but opted out ... shoot). :(