• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook & Email notifications

lxy33

Aug 31, 2010
I just got the Epic 4G and I'm confused about how to make my facebook notifications show up AND how can I add a hotmail account and see that I received a new email? I'm confused! I have gmail but the icon won't show how many emails--only on the top left.. advice anyone?! Ahhh :D

I just got the Epic 4G and I'm confused about how to make my facebook notifications show up AND how can I add a hotmail account and see that I received a new email? I'm confused! I have gmail but the icon won't show how many emails--only on the top left.. advice anyone?! Ahhh :D

for gmail, try either
Gmail Unread Count - Android app on AppBrain

or
LauncherPro - Android app on AppBrain
(has the option to show unread count in dock)

as far as fb notifications, they should only show in notifications area. and i have no clue about hotmail (wasn't aware people still used that :eek:)

Upvote 0
From what I have been reading, I am not going to be able to use the FB app. Unless someone knows how to...

I have 2 folders within my FB account, one is for family/non-gamers (A List), and the other folder is for gamers (Gamers). When I post a status message (using my laptop FB), I can select which group of people see my status/and or post.

I've been looking for a solution to this, as I'd like to only import my A List into my phone, as well as only allow them to see my status and or postings. Anyone figure this out yet, as to how to do this?

I really do not want 200+ gamers on my phone, and I don't want to share any personal info with them either. So far (unless someone knows differently), looks like I'll be using a browser on my phone to access FB.

Upvote 0
I'm also tempted not to use Facebook on my phone, it links EVERYONE on your phone book, even people's email you won't ever use! The only way I know I get a notification is via email! ugh! It's a little frusterating for the sole reason that Facebook is pretty popular on phones! They really need to fix this! Also I notice the updates aren't very accurate...... bleh!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones