facebook errorSupport

Last Updated: 2011-03-31 16:38:39
  1. The Third

The Third Active Member

When I open facebook app and click on "news feed" I am getting a message "an error has occured while fetching data"
    what's is up? any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

The native Facebook app....sucks! I don't like Bloo either so I use the native one but it always has issues and notifications rarely seem to work.

I did have this issue today. Logging out and logging back in fixed it for me.
  3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Bloo is all messed up too, it is working better than than the FB app but not fully. FB won't let me in at all and Bloo isn't showing any comments to any posts.
    I'll try signing out and back in later to see if that helps.

Edit: Nope, still not working. Signed out and back in, same error. Stupid thing!
  4. JackT

JackT Well-Known Member

I get the same error. I attempted to log out and log back in and still nothing. I am still talking about the native Facebook app.
  5. FingersXG

FingersXG Member

Using the native FB app, I get the "an error has occured while fetching data.[null]" error when I try to view the 'Wall' tab under 'Profile'.

The news feed works fine for me.

What gives? :confused:
  6. jestexman

jestexman Well-Known Member

Same thing here. my widget is updating though...
  7. AndroidsOfTara

AndroidsOfTara Well-Known Member

Same error for me. I installed Bloo and all is fine.

I don't believe this is a fault of the default Facebook app. Rather, I think Facebook itself did something that broke the app, but I'm certain it's just an error and not intentional.
  8. dodger55fan

dodger55fan Well-Known Member

I just got my droid yesterday and the fb app works great ... I don't know if it's because I just haven't used it much or because they released an update, but I haven't got any errors, pictures show up perfectly, etc
  9. AndroidsOfTara

AndroidsOfTara Well-Known Member

The Facebook app has not been updated since this issue started.
  10. JackT

JackT Well-Known Member

Mine just started working again. I didn't change anything on my side.
  11. Cuda13

Cuda13 Well-Known Member

Mine is working fine but the wife gets the error message.
  12. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Yup, my FB app is working again but Bloo still doesn't show all the comments on statuses. sigh
  13. Legomaniac

Legomaniac Member

SCRATCH MY LAST POST

Seems to be working again.

Other people should try it out and report in if it works for you as well.

Looks like it might have been a facebook server problem. They aren't PERFECT after all.
  14. vaughn15

vaughn15 Member

:mad: I changed my Email address on Facebook and now getting a 102/session data not valid on my Droid. Any ideas on how to correct. Thanks! :confused:
  15. Raw

Raw Active Member

I was having this same problem over the last two days until I followed these steps and now it is working fine...

settings >applications >manage applications >facebook >clear data >force stop

Hopefully this works out well for anyone else who has this problem.
  16. evouser13

evouser13 New Member

I tried this and it's still giving me problems....