Facebook, Flickr, Peep, Friend stream discussion.Support

1. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Heads UP! An update to the Sense based apps HTC Flickr, HTC Friendstream, HTC Peep, and HTC Facebook is now rolling out.

To check if it's available to you, go to - Settings > System updates > HTC Software update > Check now.

For more info, see: System application update now available for HTC EVO 3D

Advertisement
    :
  2. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to "check" for the update right now... still loading for some reason, does anyone know the enhancements to these apps like Peep and HTC Facebook?
  3. Corpse11

Corpse11 Well-Known Member

downloading it right now
  4. EcoClean

EcoClean New Member

I have 596MB available internal storage and it isn't letting me download. :confused:
  5. Capt.De57

Capt.De57 Member

Turn your phone off and then on, this will clear the cache and give you enough space for the update.
    marctronixx likes this.
  6. vinnyt225

vinnyt225 Well-Known Member

hi guys i updated but it was hanging at the installation screen for like 30 minutes. so i restarted my phone. and now there are no more updates. im wondering if mine actually updated. Can anyone confirm the version number of these items? i have (manage apps):

Friend Stream = version 3.0.2120251048.161632

Facebook for htc Sense = version 3.02121282161.205585

etc.

thanks!
  7. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

if you did not get all of the downloads, the system will eventually recognize this and re-send the updates.
    vinnyt225 likes this.
  8. toomuchgame441

I just installed the apks rather than waiting for the ota to act correctly. Doesn't seem like anything at all was changed. Still works and looks the same way as it did before I updated the apks.
    marctronixx likes this.
  9. vinnyt225

vinnyt225 Well-Known Member

yeah I guess but can anyone just give me a confirmation? I just wanna be sure. thanks
  10. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

I'm not big on the social network stuff, so I haven't bothered updating yet. But here are the pre-update app versions:

Facebook - 3.0.2115162735.61012

Flickr - 3.0.2115302360.69949

Friend Stream - 3.0.2117392426.122531

Peep - 3.0.2118122744.125435

HTH.
    marctronixx likes this.
  11. toomuchgame441

I have those exact same version numbers after installing the apks so you got the update just fine.

Still wondering if anything at all changed or if its all under the hood.
  12. jdsingle

jdsingle Well-Known Member

If anyone else's phone dies after doing the update please let me know. I barely had these updates for a few hours before I had my phone go down with no new application installs or changes to my device.
  13. krayziejoe

krayziejoe Active Member

I wish I could uninstall Flickr and Peep from this phone
  14. SVN S1X TW0

SVN S1X TW0 Active Member

You and me both. Not worth the trouble of rooting though.
  15. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Just got the update yesterday. I don't know what I'm looking to see that has been changed or upgraded. Is their a review/tutorial/list or something to explain what the update did to these applications.

Note
    If you don't have android version 2.3.4 on your EVO 3d, then do what I did. Send your device to HTC and have the device flash to the most recent android version. Before doing so - check to see if their is any available update. Some phones will not update itself - especially if it is brand new like the one I have. Menu -Settings - System updates -HTC software update.
  16. breemacarthur

breemacarthur New Member

Lately every time i try to upload a picture to facebook using sense from my phone they come up on my fb as locked, which doesnt make sense since it is set on the phone to show up just to friends. I also checked all the settings on fb itself and that doesnt seem to be the problem. Anyone that can help? or who is having the same issue?