• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook for Android 1.3 - battery bug / constant partial wake use

I rolled back to the old one which isn't working property now either. The last update in status updates somehow is getting dated Jan 1 instead of today and then it refuses to pull older posts when pressing the link to do so. What a joke. Back to m.facebook.com for me then I guess....

Upvote 0
I rolled back to the old one which isn't working property now either. The last update in status updates somehow is getting dated Jan 1 instead of today and then it refuses to pull older posts when pressing the link to do so. What a joke. Back to m.facebook.com for me then I guess....

yeah, noticed that too... cannot believe all the problems we are getting with facebook apps...

Upvote 0
Oddly I hadn't noticed the battery drain with the first update but since installing the latest one (1.3.1) yesterday morning my battery has been draining at about double the rate it was before, even with Juice Defender running and the phone idle. My wife has noticed the same thing on her Legend. :(

Same here. I removed the first update on the advice of everyone on here but hadnt noticed any problems myself. The latest update totally killed my battery over night though.

Upvote 0
i just got this update now when i was browsing the market. any idea if it's fixed the contact sync problem so it actually does what the options say? ie, only sync FB info with current contacts and not just add the whole phonebook?

Facebook for HTC Sense adds all your Facebook contacts to the Phone list and seems to take precedence over the Facebook app's new syncing options.

Have you tried removed the HTC Sense account and letting the new Facebook app manage the contacts?

Upvote 0
still one of the only apps the iphone has the advantage over android (apart from angry birds!). find it easier to just use the web version than the app

i miss angry birds so much :'(

and

a decent version of doodle jump. epic on iphone but apparently crap on android due to lack of dev. a disgrace imo considering it costs more on android.... we're probably paying for iphone devs!!!!

Upvote 0
i miss angry birds so much :'(

and

a decent version of doodle jump. epic on iphone but apparently crap on android due to lack of dev. a disgrace imo considering it costs more on android.... we're probably paying for iphone devs!!!!

yeah i read that on the reviews as well, plus i'm not paying any more than the iphone version. did email the angry birds devs earlier in the year and they said coming soon possibly, not holding out much hope really.

Upvote 0
just updated to 1.32 and the running screen time doesn't look to be at full 100% (which means it should be 'sleeping' properly). however, in partial wake up, it still appears to be running BUT unlike before it doesn't show a massive blue bar running across the screen.

i.e when i go back to check on it say a minute later, the partial wake time up for the facebook app is thus a minute longer..

some ppl earlier in the thread mentioned it being like this when they updated to 1.31. so in the long run, does it seem to drain battery etc?

Upvote 0
COrrection nothing has improved. Looks like running time and partial wake up are still up.

Best way of checking by 1) 'resetting' the times by charging your phone for 1 minute, as this resets the 'since last boot' 2) play with the Facebook app for a bit 3) leave phone held then check the times.

Sigh.

Upvote 0
I have had this issue, but only since updating. Have solved it by killing the process (and the facebook for HTC sense one too), force closing those apps and then rebooting.

I'm now 20 hours since last boot and facebook partial wake usage is 56 seconds. Hopefully this could help a few people out.

Upvote 0
did you use it again after rebooting and doing those checks? i ask because you've probably completely killed the process..until the next time you open it.

edit: ^ just did what you said and wtf?! it works?!!1one. thanks man.

with this tip and the longer lasting battery thing (that i'm gonna try later tonight), there are some real unconventional and inconsistent methods to fixing these problems!

on the one hand it's sort of satisfying fixing these problems but on the other it's like 'arghh the small perils of enjoying such a new open platform'.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones