• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook for Android 1.3 - battery bug / constant partial wake use

I put it in airplane mode overnight. Lost 13% of battery which prompted me to find the culprit. Quelle surprise.

a296dc52.png

af7c41ab.png

It's more than a bit annoying.

Upvote 0
After reverting to v1.2.0 I updated to v1.3.2 again a couple of days ago and am not getting the partial wake problem at the moment.

What happened to the contacts sync options in v1.3.x? I'm sure they were there in v1.3.0 and v1.3.1, but they're not in v1.3.2.

There is also no longer an additional Facebook entry in 'Accounts & sync,' alongside the Facebook for HTC Sense one, I'm sure there was with the first two v1.3.x releases and if you went into 'Add account' the Facebook entry had a tick next to it, but it doesn't with v1.3.2 despite being signed into the app and no tick is the same behaviour as v1.2.0 when signed in. I wondered what they changed in v1.3.2, so perhaps they removed the contact sync options.

Upvote 0
Since v1.2.0 was working less and less I went back to v1.3.2 a few weeks ago without any partial wake problems, then after having my phone on charge overnight I turned my screen on to see my battery was at 30%. Facebook has a 19 hour running service and 23 hours partial wake.

Not only is the app lacking in functionality, it's also poorly coded.

Upvote 0
Anyone find a solution?

My solution was to uninstall all updates and use the stock version, 1.2.0, but as time went by less and less parts of it were working, so if I really wanted to use the Facebook for Android app, I had to go back to the latest version. It hasn't partial waked on me since installing it again.

It's a shame all Facebook for Android versions to date are a bit rubbish and lack a lot of useful functionality.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones