• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook for Android 1.5

With all of the information here and the reports on the FB for Android page, it is quite clear that this App is not ready for primetime. They rolled it out in haste and if anything, it is worse than the previous app.

From my point of view, I could care less about chat (have not even opened chat from my PC in over a year) and push should be MUCH easier to implement. My major gripe is that some of the improvements made in the previous version seem to be partially broken again; some of my notifications are taking me to the webpage again and it seems to be keeping my phone awake again.

Result? Uninstalled the update and I feel so much better!!! :D:p

I guess Blackberry and Iphone still rate higher than us!!!

Upvote 0
Yeah check it....

snap20101216_151502.png

snap20101216_151515.png

Upvote 0
My number one problem with the FB app thus far? You have no privacy controls when it comes to posting your status updates, as you do on the Web version. I mostly use FB when I'm on the go, and if I feel like posting a salty status update without Grandma Barbara seeing it, I'm out of luck. I find it REALLY bizarre that this function hasn't been built into any of FB applications yet (iPhone included, if I'm not mistaken).

Upvote 0
The developer for the F+ app has done a great job implementing push notifications (like Blackberry).
I have to disagree on that. I bought f+ on the assumption that push notifications were coming, and I don't think that's ever happening now. f+'s weren't really working for me either - 2 FB birthdays passed, and never got a f+ notification for them. :rolleyes: FB's 1.5 is actually working pretty well for me, and better than f+ ever did.

Upvote 0
I have to disagree on that. I bought f+ on the assumption that push notifications were coming, and I don't think that's ever happening now. f+'s weren't really working for me either - 2 FB birthdays passed, and never got a f+ notification for them. :rolleyes: FB's 1.5 is actually working pretty well for me, and better than f+ ever did.

Strange. Did you update to the current version of F+ last night? Push notifications are here. They work like the Blackberry app. I haven't missed anything, including wall comments and replies. It pushes through Gmail to the app flawlessly for me. A little tricky setting up. No more polling. Battery life much improved too.

Maybe it's just my phone and/or ROM. Eris with Nonsensikal v15.2

Reactions: Rambler358
Upvote 0
Did you update to the current version of F+ last night? Push notifications are here. They work like the Blackberry app. I haven't missed anything, including wall comments and replies. It pushes through Gmail to the app flawlessly for me.
No I didn't update f+, and actually uninstalled it after I updated FB to v1.5. I may have to give it another chance after your comment though, as FB's notifications work, but not for wall posts it seems.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure. I haven't figured out this "archiving" and "filtering" yet. Right now, mine to show up in the inbox as read. There has to be a way for them to get filtered though.
Hmmm... I wonder if there might be a way to have the FB notifications go into a different Gmail folder perhaps, and not clog up my normal inbox?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones