1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook for Android & Fan pages.

Last Updated:

1. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can you access pages you are a fan of with this app? I can not find it for the life of me. There just isn't an option for it.

Anyone know or a better app to use?

Advertisement
  2. Putty

You mean no one knows??

3. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

The Facebook for Android app is pretty lacking. There's an alternative called Bloo that I've never tried but I don't think it would have what you're looking for either. I'm not sure if even the iPhone app does that.

4. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

Sorry hon you can't. Your best bet is to use the touch Facebook browser site

Sent from Carmen's HTC Evo

5. Putty

That sucks! Another thing iPhone did better.

**added to list**

6. Deathshead

Deathshead Well-Known Member

WRONG, I have been using the Facebook app on the iphone since its release, and just currently started playing with it on my Android SDK emulator...

The iPhone version of the Facebook app does not do anything "better" at all then the Android version this is totally WRONG..

7. carmendiva

i have to second the facebook app is better on iphone. Any1 who has used both, knows this. It's not saying its worse than the iphone as a phone
    just the app is horrible.

No chat, the UI is boring, Facebook notifications suck and there is really limited functionality when comparing the two.

i am using the facebook app right this second on my ipod touch since im in airport with wi-fi and i love it.

But i use Android's app when i am on the go and without wi-fi

8. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

You mean to tell me that the notifications for wall posts and comments aren't better on the iPhone? How about chat? Can you do that on your Android device?

9. carmendiva

Personally when i use facebook for iphone, i almost feel like its the site im on when i use my mac.

But like i said, its the worse feature of android but love android still :)

10. Bswartz95

If the Facebook app isn't up to par by the time I'm ready for my new every two, it will be a deal breaker. I want to stay with an Android device, but I've come to rely too much on FB for communication.

11. carmendiva

12. Bswartz95

I have 12 months remaining on my contract, so there is still time for improvements. However, with the lack of updates we've seen, it doesn't look promising.

edit: When I open the FB app, it says that Facebook is the developer. This probably explains the lack of updates. They're so big and have so many things going on, that Android is probably the least of their concerns. If it were a private developer, we'd have had many updates by now.

13. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Much as I use FB, I hate chat... I work with teens, so you can understand why? :)

I just need a basic app to update.

I can see why it would be underwhelming for folks who like full functionality on their devices, and I expect this to be fixed. It makes no sense to lack popular features.

14. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

The Facebook app is improving, albeit rather slowly.

Eg. The inclusion of an "Inbox" which we can access via notifications in the latest update.

Eventually, I expect more features will be added. I'm shocked it hasn't been done already though, as Facebook is extremely popular.

15. Deathshead

Deathshead Well-Known Member

Well first of all NOBODY i know uses facebook chat, and secondly it never works correctly on just about every platform, especially on my iPhone..

If you are using 2.2 on a fast device then just use the desktop version and a update widget and your golden..

16. Bswartz95

Well, you and I know different people.

I shouldn't have to use work-arounds or multiple programs/widgets to get my notifications. This is a strength in the iPhone app. To say it's the same as the Android version is just silly.

17. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

Based on what a lot of my friends statuses say, Facebook Chat doesn't seem to work on a bloody PC, never mind a mobile phone! :D

18. firecalante

firecalante Member

lol iphone convo again..

19. cewallace

cewallace Active Member

I have been using the Imov Messenger for Facebook...It works a lot better than the PC version. I have chat opened on pc and phone, the messages come through the phone fine, but there is a lot of lag on the pc.

20. sandiegocj

sandiegocj New Member

I had the same issue......& I just figured it out!!!
    You go in the upper right hand corner of your app and click on the FIND button & find your page and then you click on your page. If you're the Admin of the page in question, you'll then be able to post & upload pictures to post all you want. I hope that helps you have a great St. Patrick's Day and drink lots of green beer (but be safe). SanDiegoBusinessMedia