Facebook for Android Gets Another Big Overhaul

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

Facebook’s pushed an update today for all Android users that still weren’t satisfied with the app after the last major upgrade. The newest version of Facebook adds some nice features and makes some quirky enhancements that should hopefully shorten that list of issues everyone seems to have had with the app. Aside from an almost [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. vbetts

vbetts Well-Known Member

Something I really liked with my old Palm Pre and Facebook, is you could sync your facebook contacts with your phone contacts. The Android app doesn't. Good to see that it's got a new look though.

3. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

It sure does and has done for quite a while.

:EDIT: I think it only works with Android 2.x

4. Brinkley1988

Brinkley1988 Well-Known Member

Sync contacts, this function are really important. Otherwise, we have to import one by one manually, and that's horrible!

5. mikeymop

mikeymop Well-Known Member

Anyone else having a problem with the FB widget after the update?

6. Mikey P

Mikey P Well-Known Member

Liking the new update, still wish you could sort what feed you get, live feed, status updates, etc. I hate sometimes seeing all the pages that I have liked advertising stuff instead of just being able to see what my friends are doing. Still like it though.

7. dnlwthrn

dnlwthrn Well-Known Member

There's a whole thread in the HTC Incredible forum about this. Several of us have noticed serious battery drain after updating the Facebook app. It seems that, at least for the Incredible, Facebook isn't letting the phone go to sleep. I've uninstalled the update, and will wait for a fix to be made or something to be figured out...

It was a lot better, with improvements to many of the things I didn't like about the old app, but I can't have my phone staying awake all day long...