• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help facebook for android update question

musikat

May 17, 2010
I got an "updates available" notice from appbrain today and one was Facebook. After the update, even though I have it set to not sync at all it won't shut off like before. I can close it using running services but its a pain and I never had to do that before. Anyone else notice this? BTW I am not on froyo yet, if that matters.

Facebook App was recently upgraded to 1.2 with the release of Froyo 1.2. Shortly after the release of froyo for EVO, fb had put out an updated app 1.3. Lot of people complained about battery drain from fb since it was always "on" due to the partial wake lock. FB issued a statement and released a patch to address this issue so the new app is version 1.3.1.

However, based on some initial reviews most people still say it didn't fix the issue. Others say it has.

Who know who to believe? Is Android 2.2 needed to allow 1.3.1 to work properly? I have no idea. People just see updates and think they should install the latest, thinking its the greatest, but in reality, that is not always the case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones