facebook for hero

Last Updated:

1. phonegirl81

phonegirl81 Member This Topic's Starter

how do you get notifications to go to your phone as a facebook notification besides the text or email option. like on the blackberry if you had a facebook notification like when someone commented on your post you would get the little blue F icon on your phone. just wondering if the phone does that or not?

Advertisement
  2. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member

In the options of the app.. comments, wall posts, likes, all that stuff doesn't have notification support. Only mail and a few others. Try bloo if your into updates like that

3. phonegirl81

phonegirl81 Member This Topic's Starter

thanks, so when you download bloo do go there when you want to get on facebook? instead of the regular facebook app?

4. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member

Yes, it has the same features as the facebook app. Wall, notifications, news feed, messages, etc.

5. wardfan

wardfan Well-Known Member

Actually I think they do. If you use the facebook widget, it opens up Facebook app, and if you check the setting you can be alerted with "Messages", "Pokes", "Friend Requests" and "Event Invites". I assume the Messages, include comments and wall posts. You can also change the update frequency, 30min, 1, 2, or 4 hours.

I know that the "Messages" does actually alert you of wall posts come to think of it, because I had an alert go off before I started using the friend stream widget. But I get emails so by the time the app checks I have already cleared the alert. But I know of twice that it alerted me of a wall post, actually was a wall reply, but same alert.