• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

facebook for HTC Sense - connection error, no friends and now...

Cheers danfrance..

So there is no way of sending a private message to a friend with the HTC facebook widget? Also I do not have an icon for inbox ?

Thats odd. Download the latest official facebook app from the market. When you open the facebook app using the facebook icon you should have 6 icons within it:

News Feed
Friends
Photos
Inbox
Notifications

Upvote 0
My FriendStream is fine but it won't sync with phone contacts. When I try to do it says I have no friends & just loads forever or if I try it another way it says, 'connection error'.

Its blummin annoying as this is the replacement phone Orange sent back to me when the other one went funny. But at least that one synced the phonebook with Facebook :(

Upvote 0
My FriendStream is fine but it won't sync with phone contacts. When I try to do it says I have no friends & just loads forever or if I try it another way it says, 'connection error'.

Its blummin annoying as this is the replacement phone Orange sent back to me when the other one went funny. But at least that one synced the phonebook with Facebook :(

connection error keep coming up on my desire aswell.....its been 3days since i have no friends:(

Upvote 0
Facebook have confirmed there is a problem. Its to do with the "City" field in the Employment details in peoples profiles.

I had 157 facebook contacts showing from about 300 I asked my wife and two mates to add the city to their employment details. They all had an employer entered.

Re sync'd the contacts and its now showing 160.

Obviously im not going to contact all the others but at least we know what it is.

Upvote 0
Facebook synch issue - possible solution found

Log in to your Facebook profile and go into your Profile settings and enter a location in your workplace. Now try synch'ing your FB contacts on your HTC.

Worked for me and hearing reports of it working for others also.

I don't actually understand what i'm meant to do.... explain in detail please?

Also, I can't actually get facebook for HTC sense to work.. Has anyone solved this problem?

Upvote 0
Has anyone got it to sync the contacts yet. Mine still says 'You have no friends' or 'Connection error' When I go into Accounts Sync & start the sync the live feed one goes round & round, I'm assuming thats for the FriendStream which works fine but the Sync Contacts one only goes for half a second.

I contacted HTC who acknowledged there was a problem. And basically told me to do what I was already doing. I'm gonna email back in a min to tell him its not working.

Oh & entering a city in my Facebook work section doesn't work either :(

Upvote 0
I don't actually understand what i'm meant to do.... explain in detail please?

Also, I can't actually get facebook for HTC sense to work.. Has anyone solved this problem?

enter fb on a pc. go to profile. edit
add city to workplace. save this and then add facebook for htc sense in accounts and synch.
this should fix the friendstream issue. it seems the contacts are still corrupt.

Upvote 0
I think everyone should re-assess the situation because this morning around 5 am, my facebook for sense was not syncing with my contacts. Around noon I noticed I had new pictures for some contacts in my favorites. After further investigation I found that I now have FRIENDS (!!) listed under the "globe" icon that I can sync properly with my contacts!!

Anyone got theirs working as well?

Upvote 0
The problem I'm having is if I go to People - Online Directories - Facebook - then I hit the menu key and choose Refresh, it just times out with "Connection error" so I can't add my latest Facebook friends to the phone. I guess this is the problem affecting us all, although some people seem to have other issues.

Upvote 0
I think everyone should re-assess the situation because this morning around 5 am, my facebook for sense was not syncing with my contacts. Around noon I noticed I had new pictures for some contacts in my favorites. After further investigation I found that I now have FRIENDS (!!) listed under the "globe" icon that I can sync properly with my contacts!!

Anyone got theirs working as well?

Nope mine doesn't work

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones