• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook for HTC Sense Help

v1nce

Lurker
Oct 21, 2010
For the most part, Facebook for HTC sense has been working great and syncing with all my phone contacts. However, I came across 1 Facebook friend that wont 'link' with the corresponding phone contact. When I try to manually sync that phone contact with her Facebook, it is no where to be found on the list of friends in Facebook for HTC Sense. The actual Facebook app, however, lists her.

In other words, total fb friends = 396. Android fb app lists 396 friends. Facebook for HTC sense says = 395. I believe this is why I cannot link the contact.

Things I've tried: Removing Facebook for HTC in the Accounts & Sync setting and adding it again. Removing Facebook for HTC app in the actual desktop facebook.com site. Removing the contact as a facebook friend then re adding her.

Thanks

Its odd that it isn't recognizing that one. All the others work fine? Do this...go to apps.people. menu.view....is facebook checked there? Also try the same but instead of menu click on the round internet icon...its blue...then click facebook. Is she listed there? There was also a trick a while back of going into your facebook profile and changing something in your details...then save...go to phone and try and sync. Then there is the ever so dumb question of..are you sure you are spelling her name right...stupid question...but it happened once

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help Mr. Ed. Unfortunately, after doing all the things you've said, I still can't get fb for htc sense to recognize her. Funny thing is I made a couple new fb friends today and they were recognized right away. Anyone know of any security/privacy setting friend side that prevents fb for htc from grabbing the contact?

Upvote 0
ok last try...

open facebook on a pc.

click on account
account settings
mobile (i think. my account settings won't load for some reason)
in here should be a listing of things you allow to communicate with facebook
find and remove htc

next time you sync from the phone it should ask for you to approve access..sometimes it does it on it's own

wish i could direct you straight to it but it isn't working for me right now.

if that doesn't work I don't know what else to try...give it a week..maybe do a hard reset after that

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones