• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook for HTC Sense in Fresh 2.3.3 broke?

hakujin

Android Enthusiast
Apr 11, 2010
It worked fine in 2.1.2, but I tried to set it up today in 2.3.3 (I know, I'm slow) and no matter what, the feed won't update (just blank), nor will any contacts. I really wish I could just remove it, friend stream, yada yada and just use the Facebook (non sense) w/o causing problems... anyway, I cleared cache and data and still no go, what gives?

go to updates and events, and 'no updates'. go to contacts, nada. try to link contact manually, and on the select contact screen, it's blank. it's not pulling anything from facebook, but friendstream work ok.

seems broken for uploading picture too, must rely on facebook, no htc sense. is peep in any way tied to FB? I think I may have removed via adb... thought it didn't uninstall though (after realizing I should leave installed) as the shortcut was still there but using app vault to hide it, and now when i try to bring it back it won't show in my app drawer.

Upvote 0
wheewwwww.... TY. i was pulling my hair out (what little i have) trying to figure this out and i could have swore i read something about peep being integral to something in 2.3.3 (besides friendstream), hence why flipz left it. now, he was supposed to push a patch to remove it and friendstream via the fresh updater, but so far no go, afaict.

so this problem.... it is do to a facebook site change, and therefore requires updated sense or...? otherwise how will it ever be fixed; does hts facebook sense require a backend intermediary/gateway server that I'm not aware of?

Sucks nevertheless... impossible now to upload pictures to album of choice and no contacts linkage. Glad I'm not ALONE though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones