Facebook for HTC Sense in Fresh 2.3.3 broke?

Last Updated:

1. hakujin

hakujin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It worked fine in 2.1.2, but I tried to set it up today in 2.3.3 (I know, I'm slow) and no matter what, the feed won't update (just blank), nor will any contacts. I really wish I could just remove it, friend stream, yada yada and just use the Facebook (non sense) w/o causing problems... anyway, I cleared cache and data and still no go, what gives?

go to updates and events, and 'no updates'. go to contacts, nada. try to link contact manually, and on the select contact screen, it's blank. it's not pulling anything from facebook, but friendstream work ok.

Advertisement
  2. hakujin

seems broken for uploading picture too, must rely on facebook, no htc sense. is peep in any way tied to FB? I think I may have removed via adb... thought it didn't uninstall though (after realizing I should leave installed) as the shortcut was still there but using app vault to hide it, and now when i try to bring it back it won't show in my app drawer.

3. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Facebook for any htc product is broken currently, nothing you can do about it, hence the ten new threads about it in the general section...

4. hakujin

i don't get it. facebook works fine. facebook for htc sense worked fine in 2.1.2. Is this just a 2.3.3 bug, and specifically for htc sense for facebook correct (as vanilla works as it always has, just no ability to sync contacts and populate data on them)?

5. Joehunni

Right, the app is fine but don't expect anything to sync.

6. hakujin

wheewwwww.... TY. i was pulling my hair out (what little i have) trying to figure this out and i could have swore i read something about peep being integral to something in 2.3.3 (besides friendstream), hence why flipz left it. now, he was supposed to push a patch to remove it and friendstream via the fresh updater, but so far no go, afaict.

so this problem.... it is do to a facebook site change, and therefore requires updated sense or...? otherwise how will it ever be fixed; does hts facebook sense require a backend intermediary/gateway server that I'm not aware of?

Sucks nevertheless... impossible now to upload pictures to album of choice and no contacts linkage. Glad I'm not ALONE though.

7. Joehunni

I don't know all the details, I just know that even devs over at xda couldn't figure it out and therefor point fingers at htc/facebook.

8. hakujin

so i take it its broke on the Evo too huh? I wonder what gives...

9. hakujin

thanks for answering n other thread. mods please del. if u like.

10. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

It works for me.

11. hakujin

FIXED! Hallelujah