• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook for HTC Sense - Login Issue

Nope, click that and no friends appear. If you go to Facebook>>Account>>Application Settings>>HTC Sense>>Application Profile. Then look in the conversations.

You will find one about HTC linking with Facebook. The issue I had getting it to log in is solved by adding the city to your work place on facebook. However it won't sync contacts on my phone. It appears to be a world wide issue effecting everyone who's rooted in the last month or updraded to 2.1.

My phone was flashed so all contact info has gone so I have nothing, just odly 3 pictures. Seems if you upgrade using the OTA official 2.1, your Facebook sync will appear to be working fine, but if you were to delete the account on your phone and re sync you may find it doesn't sync.

Upvote 0
Worked for me as well. Very strange. Still can't link contacts.

This is what HTC replied to my emailed technical help question regarding 'people' links (or lack of) with FB.
<quote>
HTC is aware of the issue and we are working with are developers and Facebook to resolve the issue. The issue is not a device software problem but an issue in systems linked to the facebook application at this time. Please try again soon. Check People>Menu>View and confirm is the Facebook and/or the Facebook for HTC Sense is ticked. Log into there Facebook Account online and check if anything has changed. Does your password contain any unusual characters? (!&#8221;

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones