1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Facebook for HTC Sense vs Facebook App

1. Derpadoo

Derpadoo Member

What is the difference between the Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense apps? The phone identifies "Facebook for HTC Sense" as an app, but it's no available on the app list to launch and use, thus I have downloaded and installed the standard "Facebook" android app.

Additionally, I am having trouble syncing my contacts and Facebook. When using the accounts and sync feature, I am given the option to sync via either the Facebook for Facebook for HTC apps, but doing so with either of them doesn't update any of the information or pictures in my contacts. Even when selecting a contact individually then using link option to select their facebook page, it goes through the motions but then adds nothing.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Facebook is the actual app, used to browse Facebook and things.

Facebook for HTC Sense isn't an app, its built into the UI. It's used for two things: 1. syncing your facebook contacts into your phonebook, and 2. allowing you to post things directly to facebook from the phone (i.e. you can post a picture directly from the Camera app, instead of taking the picture, loading the facebook app, going to photos, clicking upload photo, etc.)

Go to menu-settings-accounts and sync, and click on facebook for htc sense. Make sure the Sync Contacts button is checked. Then go into your contacts, hit menu-view, and make sure facebook for htc sense is checked.
  3. Chilly McFreeze

Chilly McFreeze Well-Known Member

Actually I think Facebook For HTC Sense is more to do with Friendstream. I've deleted the data from it before and had no ill effects, other that it clearing out my Friendstream history (which I don't use). My contacts were still linked afterwards.
  4. erry

erry Well-Known Member

i prefer 'friendcaster'
  5. ral

ral Well-Known Member

You have to pic just one otherwise it cause an error when syncing. I suggest that you let Friendstream to the syncing and when you use the regular Facebook App that you select the option not to sync.
  6. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Well-Known Member

As above the HTC one more of friend streaming app. You can still load photos etc directly from your phone with out it... click in the black space under the photo and you should get an icon that looks like 2 arrows pointing upwards? Then you press that and it gives you loads of different options for where to "send" your photo e.g. via email, via bluetooth, message, Facebook etc.

Beware the latest version of the FB app though.. it's very buggy so at the moment I am using the touch site via Opera mobile.
  7. FreshOatz

FreshOatz New Member

I'm not sure about the difference between Facebook and Facebook for htc sense.
    But I know that in order to sync your contacts, they need to begin with the number 1
    1-(555)-555-5505