Facebook for HTC Sense vs. Regular FacebookSupport

Last Updated:

1. Shamrock13

Shamrock13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 17, 2010
    Well, I seem to either A) have a problem or B) it's a problem just in general.

I have Facebook installed, and there's obviously Facebook for HTC Sense. I want to sync my Facebook account and only that. I don't personally care to use the Sense inspired widgets because I like my streams separate.

Anyway, I go into the Accounts menu in settings and removed the Facebook for Sense account and tried to add a new account, but whenever I click Facebook, it does absolutely nothing.

I don't understand what's going on. If anyone has any clue, I'd love to hear it! :D

2. edwards.zac

edwards.zac New Member

May 13, 2010
    I am finding a similar problem. Did you try to sync your contacts and it wont sync? That also happened to me and I am starting to get frustrated that I got 4 apps from the market to un install facebook sense but none of them will let me.
  3. jprow507

jprow507 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    You can't uninstall Facebook for HTC Sense as it is built into the OS (you need a root to do that). You cannot sync any contacts to Facebook contacts unless you use Facebook for HTC Sense as well.

The Facebook app is just that .... an app or program that will let you log into, view, and post in Facebook ..... NO SYNCING WITH CONTACTS - so it is not letting you add an account in accounts and sync .... that is only for the Facebook for HTC Sense.

Of course I just recently starting getting some JSON malformed error when trying to view my News Feed so both are useless to me. Facebook on the iPhone also will give me an error when trying to view my Newsfeed and the extension from Chrome will not load my News Feed.... others seem to have this problem lately and it appears to be some screw up on Facebook's side but no fix!!!