Facebook friend requests submitted unintentionallySupport

Last Updated:

1. droidXuser_

droidXuser_ New Member

The last few days, I've been receiving facebook notifications that many people (~50 so far) are accepting my friend requests, even though I never knowingly friended them. I'm not sure how it happened, other than that it was probably from my phone, as I didn't have computer access for the last week. Moreover, I appear to have all of their numbers on my phone (and in many cases, nothing else -- not even a last name or email address).

I did some research about this and only found stuff about people who don't want their facebook friends to appear on their phone contact lists. My question goes the other direction: how could I have automatically made so many friend requests (ostensibly from my phone), and how can I prevent this from continuing to happen?

Please let me know if you need more info to answer my question. Thanks!

2. NorthVandea

NorthVandea Well-Known Member

I've never heard of that issue before, although my friend was in a similar situation when his Facebook page got compromised (not sure if it was hacked by a person or a malicious application). I would recommend you change your Facebook password (if you haven't already). Also, I would access Facebook and remove all applications authorized to access your page and then only re-enable the ones you really want/need. This would rule out the "account compromised" possibility.