1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Facebook Friends as ContactsGeneral

1. jandk

jandk Member

Hi,

Just got my new incredible and loving it!! One question, how do I get my facebook friends to NOT show up in my "people" or contacts section? I only want the people that I manually enter to show up. I searched and found one other thread but I couldn't figure out what they said. Thanks for the help!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. ssddyakno

ssddyakno Well-Known Member

This topic has about a million threads. You need to go uncheck auto sync in the settings. Take google off too, while you're at it. That is if you have a gmail acct...
  3. jandk

jandk Member

OK, thanks for the help. They are not showing up under "people" but when I press phone from the home screen they show up there. That is where I am trying to get rid of them. Thanks again!
  4. ttamnedlog

ttamnedlog Well-Known Member

Yeah, as far as I know, it's not possible. It bugs me as well.
  5. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

When you pull up the phone, hit Menu, and then hit "People". You have to do this each time, but at least you won't have to scroll through all your Facebook contacts to find the person you want to call.
  6. ssddyakno

ssddyakno Well-Known Member

I had the phone for about 6 hours before I opted to do a complete wipe and start fresh in order to get rid of that.

It happened when I turned it on for the first time and during "setup" it synced all that stuff without asking me when I entered my facebook info.
  7. tonytownsend

tonytownsend Well-Known Member

Ok create a contact put there name, in then in the right corner push link. find the face book friend and it will link there data to the contact
  8. connerct

connerct Member

I just put the "people" program on my home screen and use that as contacts, doesn't have people in there whose numbers I didn't originally have in my contacts, so I like it.
  9. Mitch R.

Mitch R. Well-Known Member

I just completely deleted the Facebook account from sync options and all my fb contacts disappeared.