facebook halp..General

Last Updated:

1. slop bot

slop bot Active Member This Topic's Starter

Can someone go over the basics of facebook and 2.1. I want my pictures in address book back. If I link to profile I don't get them. I also only get up to the C's listed when I try to link. What's the diff. between facebook and facebook for HTC sense?

And am I the only one that thinks 2.1 is a dog? Everything is slow. A million programs auto open (amazon mp3 store? wtf?) The messaging is sloooow. Recognizing when you turn it sideways now is sloooow. Anyone who hasnt done it yet.. dont. I used to like this phone.. I think im over it now.

Hi! (first post.):eek:

Advertisement
  2. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

oh wow. I was about to attempt to do mine
    I feel after i rooted my droid this should be simple...

Facebook on 2.0.1/2.1(Droid & Nexus One)
    is a lot faster in my opinion and it also gives you the option of syncing your contacts with your facebook friends(All, or just ones in your phonebook)

Idk how the facebook with sense 2.1 is like though but is it really that bad? the phone overall?

3. davros

davros Well-Known Member

i posted a step by step for linking contacts to facebook. it in the bugs and fixes thread . took me awhike to figure it out but i got it. pics are hella low rez when reciving calls but whatever

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

4. carmendiva

davros i am about to attempt to this shortly?

is it just the facebook pics that are low res or all pic id's

I know with 1.5 the pic ids are already shotty to begin with with a lot of pixelation, noise and such

so i was wondering is it just the facebook pics or all pic ids

5. slop bot

Thanks davros.. I think Ive tried it but Ill try it again. I feel like it does different stuff everytime...

I wouldnt say its that bad.. but in 1.5 I never had a program crash (a bunch in 2.1) I had no problem with facebook syncing.. handcent is useless unless you want to drive your friends crazy and have them make fun of your android.. and overall I feel like it's slower. And when I open task killer.. its filled with all sorts of garbage that i dont even know what it does. Thats my take.

6. carmendiva

ooh no im scared...er lol

7. slop bot

I followed those directions exactly.. I used to get up to the C's of my friends to choose from (but no pictures..) now I dont have any friends in the list. Is there a way to refresh that or something?

8. davros

davros Well-Known Member

Ya know i only noticed some of the facebook pics are pixely some are fine

9. slop bot

i kind of got it working.. it keeps wanting to make things google contacts and linking with google.. is there a way to just not use any gmail? I dont like it or their contacts.