Facebook + HTC SENSE = FAIL!Support

Last Updated:

1. Stockmoose16

Stockmoose16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As if the Incredible didn't have enough problems with the battery issue, I'm having yet another problem: some of my Facebook friends pix don't show up on the "favorites" widget. I've added and removed Facebook for HTC Sense several times, and it syncs a great deal of my friends, but for some reason, it curiously refuses to sync a select handful of people.

I have tried to manually link the Friends in question, but when I search for them through the Favorites Widget --> Link Facebook, they don't show up. If I go to the regular FB app, I can see that those Friends are indeed on my Friends on FB.

I want all the pix to show up, not just some of them. How do I fix? I'm so tired of this phone's problems.

Advertisement
  2. wholovesskunks

wholovesskunks Active Member

It's not the phone....... The contact names have to be EXACTLY the same for them to sync. For example, if your contact lists "Maggie Jones" and on Facebook she is listed as "Margaret Smith Jones", it won't sync. The Incredible is great, but you have to remember, it's a phone, not a mind reader and there is no 100% perfect with anything. Good luck!

3. Stockmoose16

Stockmoose16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry, you are incorrect. The name is exactly the same, and it used to show up with the picture, but now has decided to not link. If you read my original post closely, you would've seen that I manually searched for the FB contacts in question and they DO NOT SHOW UP, even though they are definitely FB friends.

This is definitely an HTC software problem.

4. theflyingnerd

theflyingnerd New Member

I've played with it and discovered that it's all because anything that can retrieve data from facebook (except facebook's own app - it has privileged access) must do so as 'facebook application' that means that if someone ticks the privacy setttngs box withing facbook that stops friends' applications from sharing your data, your friends won't see you in HTC sense. You'll find that the friends that don't show up all have ticked this privacy setting in facebook.

The box is labelled 'Disable all platform apps' from memory.

5. fearofth3dark

fearofth3dark Well-Known Member

I know this is probably the least helpful comment ever but I thought I should let you know I was having the exact same problem, and then a couple of days later out of nowhere it fixed itself. So sorry that I can't be of any help, but if it is the same as mine then it is a bug with the phone and hopefully you'll get it fixed.

6. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

exactly, as has been discussed it doesnt always do it immediately but after a little time seems to finally get the hint

7. rctjoe24

rctjoe24 Active Member

I am having this problem and both of your comments do me absolutely no good.

8. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Try adding their e-mail into your phone contact to match what they have on facebook?