Facebook Integration

Last Updated:

1. kwoody

kwoody New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys long time lurker on the forums but needed to finally ask a question. I have a HTC Hero, an it has the features of Facebook Contact integreation etc. My GF has the mytouch 3g. It does not seem to have these features. Is there something I am missing? Is there a app that does this or an add on that needs to be downloaded? Mainly she is looking for something that will pull pictures of her contacts.
    Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. sensesfail99

sensesfail99 Well-Known Member

Ive played around with the facebook app and cant find it as an option... maybe when the fb app gets updated theyll make it an option. I had it on my bb and loved it.

3. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

welcome to the board

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

kwoody, I think that the facebook integration is part of the Sense UI from HTC (the software overlayed on top of android to make it very sexy). This isn't available for the MyTouch 3G. I think that google added this to later versions of Android, but I have no idea if the MyTouch will be updated or not.

(This is a MyTouch question really.)

5. sensesfail99

So I found that you can add a folder and there is an option to add a Facebook contacts folder and it'll have the contacts. Their numbers and fb picture

6. lapith

lapith New Member

Thanks for starting this thread, Kwoody. I saw a Droid with the Facebook sync function and grew immediately jealous, trying to get the same functionality on my MyTouch. Looks like there are 2 apps in the store that try to do this, but both have dismal ratings.

Senses--can you please explain how you added a "Facebook contacts folder" and where you put that folder? I haven't seen any other discussion that explains that process and wasn't able to figure it out just by tinkering.

7. sensesfail99

Sure. On the home screen of your mytouch hold your finger down as if you were going to be adding "widgets".
    There will be an option to add "folders" click on it. next will pop up a bubble that should have a list of: New folder, all contacts, all notes, contacts with phone numbers, facebook phonebook, and starred contacts. Click the facebook phone book and itll make a folder called facebook phonebook and you are now free to put the folder where ever your heart desires.

This is no where as good as the bb facebook app. The bb one allows you to click the option of automatically having your phonebook and your fb contacts automatically synced every now and then... However I read the review of the phone, did research and found info stating that the mytouch fb app wasnt very good so i expected this.

8. Chip.Deon

Chip.Deon Member

try facebook contact sync 1.6 free, i used it and it worked

9. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

if tmobile, google, hts whoever would freekin update us this woudnt be a freekin issue

10. lyndazski

lyndazski New Member

Thank you sensesfail99 !!!!

I put the facebook folder on my mytouch 3g home screen with the directions you gave & voila! I have all my fb contacts with pics, phone numbers, everything, right at my fingertips!
    Took a total of 30 seconds! No app necessary!
    Too cool :)