Facebook issues on new desire...Support

Last Updated:

1. BTaylor

BTaylor Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I just bought myself a desire (upgrade from a hero) and am having some issues with facebook. I was running Modaco on my hero, so I'm totally new to the 2.1 world.

1: When I want to link friends to facebook, only about half of my facebook friends appear. For example, a friend called Tammy, who is in my list, doesn't have a facebook entry, even though I'm friends with her on facebook.

2: How do I turn off showing all my facebook contacts in the phone app? It's really annoying as a lot of friends show up twice, with joke numbers, usually.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Advertisement
  2. HYCAET

HYCAET Guest

1. Not absolutely certain, but I had a few issues when a contact had used a different email address for Facebook and didn't have a mobile number on Facebook. It kinda meant there wasn't the automatic link.

2. When looking at people list, you should be able to hit the menu key and then use the 'view' option. To get rid of Facebook contacts altogether, go setting, accounts and sync, Facebook, untick contacts

3. BTaylor

BTaylor Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi mate,

Thanks for your help, but for point 2, I need them to stop showing in my phone app. Neither suggedted tip has done this :(
    As for problem one, it seems to have fixed itself.

4. LordFigTree

LordFigTree Member

Hey man, go menu->settings->accounts & sync->open facebook and untick the box "Sync Contacts" then press sync now, go back and press sync all, facebook contacts shouldn't be in your address book anymore, hope i helped.