facebook killing batterySupport

Last Updated:

1. v0id

v0id Member

this has happened a few times ill let the picture speak for its self
    [​IMG]Click this bar to view the full image.[​IMG]

any ideas why this happens and any way of fixing it!!!!

Advertisement
  2. mrao

mrao Well-Known Member

Change the refresh interval for the Facebook app to Never..or manual...its probably set to the minimum...I think its 1 hour
  3. dockmaster

dockmaster Well-Known Member

if your like my kid and your constantly on it (she has a ipod touch) no wonder the battery drains...
    but I did notice my gnex was using 6% last night for FB wile I slept...Probably Gutenberg steeling my personal info!!

rock on
    Billd
  4. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

I ditched the app and just placed a link to the facebook web page on my desktop. The web interface actually is better than the app IMO.
  5. v0id

v0id Member

the phone was unplugged from charging about 8:30 am and facebook whooped my battery big time and no i dont spend that much time on it tbh gets a bit boring ready crap spam all day lol
  6. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

that is the first time i have not seen the screen at the top of the list.
  7. illinimatt81

illinimatt81 Active Member

Use Advanced Task Killer. I always kill everything including Facebook when I am done using the phone and put it back in my pocket.
  8. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

honestly i wouldn't recommend using any Task killer at all.
  9. v0id

v0id Member

i tried task killer it dont seem to do much imo
  10. v0id

v0id Member

where do i find this setting im a bit lost lol
  11. Lohung

Lohung Well-Known Member

change the refresh rate.. also a really really good app for this is Juice DEfender Pro/Ultimate. Their is a free version of it but Juice Defender will do things like stop FB from connecting to the internet while you sleep, or will not let it if your phone has been inactive for 20 min. It really saves you a lot of batter power even with the free version. Check it out

lol Android OS is WAY at the top on mine at 49%
  12. SixHouse

SixHouse Active Member

its not the refresh rate. its because you opened the FB app, then opened the chat screen. chat stays logged in even after you kill the app.

open FB, go back to chat, log out. fixed.
    trophynuts likes this.
  13. v0id

v0id Member

i dont use fb chat and always turn it off so there is no way that could be the issue here
  14. fjleon

fjleon New Member

the facebook app always does this if you forget to force close it after using it. happens everytime and doesn't have got anything to do with the refresh time. the app just sucks.
  15. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I second that!
  16. CharlzO

CharlzO Well-Known Member

I've never had the app hang open on my GNex, nor have I ever had to force close it. Other than re-installing the app, not much I can really suggest to those that have had the problem, but I've not had any issues.
  17. machiz7888

machiz7888 Well-Known Member

Task killers are really, really bad.

Unless you use them specifically. There's definitely a glitch with the facebook app + nexus. I play words with friends, and spend aboout 3 minutes on facebook. Facebook used 30times more processing power, so now I've got a task killer that just watches facebook and kills it whenver it starts to act up.
  18. dhworph

dhworph Well-Known Member

try logging out of the app, but leaving it installed.
  19. enganear

enganear Active Member

I uninstalled the FB app and was disappointed that sharing to FB disappeared from the Gallery menu. I may re-install and set the refresh to never in order to get this back. I do prefer using the Dolphin browser to access FB, except for viewing pictures which it does very poorly (as does the stock browser).