Facebook logging out/de-linking from contacts

1. gsampaio

gsampaio New Member

Hi there,

I'm quite loving my Hero (T-Mobile UK) and rather like the ability to link contacts to their facebook profiles if only to have their birthdays remembered. The problem is I keep getting logged out (possibly just when I reset the phone) and when I log back it has forgotten which contacts were linked to which profiles. Anyone else had this issue or know how to resolve it?

Advertisement
  2. SirGaz

SirGaz Active Member

I have the same issue, in fact it's forgotten the facebook links today.
    I'm getting a little peeved to say the least and it still hasn't re-synced. Looks like I'll have to do it again.
    It's happened 7 or 8 times in the 2 and a bit weeks since I got the hero
  3. keef319

keef319 Member

This happens to me every 3-4 days.

HTC are aware of the issue and said to me in an email that they are working on a number of bug fixes and the lag problem. Donut v1.7 firmware should be out by the end of September.

The other day it happened to me, I logged back in and I did an update in the "updates & events". Problem sorted.

Today it's happened again. This time though, I log in and then get logged out straight away!!!

Up until now it seems to be a glitch that sorts itself eventually. Just hope it cures itself again...GRRR!!!!
  4. keef319

keef319 Member

You know...

I'm not sure that on this occassion it's a problem with the Hero.

TweetDeck seems to be repeatedly asking for me to log in to Facebook, and also I was on the Facbook website, clicked on a friend and it asked me to log in AGAIN!

So it may well be a Facebook problem...

Trying the other 2 things (logging in and updating) may be a temporary fix to an annoying bug...just not when there's problems at the Facebook end...
  5. gsampaio

gsampaio New Member

Whatever is going on at the facebook end, sure when you save the phone contact with a facebook contact associated with it it should stay saved.
  6. keef319

keef319 Member

I don't know what's going on...

I had the problem on Monday evening. Got it sorted eventually, all the contacts re-sync'd etc.

But it happened again and the sync seems to have been lost.

:confused:
  7. SirGaz

SirGaz Active Member

I think it has to do with the sync itself. I think that if the sync doesn't work for wahtever reason then it removes all sync information rather than just leave it as it is. I left my phone and sure enough a couple of hours later (my sync is set to run every 2 hours) it synced up again fine.
  8. ForestLaw

ForestLaw Member

Same here. Contact pictures, facebook profiles for contacts and the ability to log into Facebook was lost for about maybe 3hrs yesterday. Then I manually synced updates for one contact and their info reappeared. I thought I would have to go through each contact individually but, fortunately, the phone seemed to sync everyone there and then. Probably facebook was down for a bit. I also couldn't access facebook through the browser.
  9. keef319

keef319 Member

I wonder that when it comes to the 2hr sync time, if you have no signal, maybe it removes all data?

Even if that was the case you'd think that manually resyncing when you have a signal would work no probs...

Hmmm...

Well as long as a fix comes soon I can deal with it...!
  10. keef319

keef319 Member

Seems to be almost a daily occurance now, something logging me out of Facebook. Once logged back in I then have to add a few contacts, and the rest miraculously come back as well.

Getting really pi$$ed off with it!!!

Hope it's not long before HTC send out the FW update!!
  11. sabahkamal

sabahkamal Member

Mine doesn't even remain logged in for more than a minute. Most of the times it just gives me the 'The service is currently unavailable. Do you want to try again?' message. This is really getting frustrating, I've already tried a reset, but to no avail. Running an Orange branded device with the latest ROM on it.