1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Facebook makes so much money and cannot hire a good Android programmer?

1. Xeneize480

Xeneize480 Well-Known Member

Come on!!! :eek:

Advertisement
    mikeymop and yenrod like this.
  2. hyperlite

hyperlite Well-Known Member

Isn't one of the lead android programmers now with facebook? I know what you mean.
  3. tbAF

tbAF Member

:confused::confused::confused: You must mean "cannot" hire... ?
  4. Xeneize480

Xeneize480 Well-Known Member

You got the point right :D
  5. Piercing Heavens

Piercing Heavens Well-Known Member

Cannot is not a word :x
  6. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

It works quite well on Froyo though...
  7. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

i agree with the OP... the facebook app is complete and utter garbage. STILL re-directs you to the mobile website. It's slow, buggy and looks like shit. Might as well just open up the browser and type in m.facebook.com...
  8. gr33nd3vil

gr33nd3vil Active Member

Check out the Work Around I wrote up in the Tips and Tricks area.

If you follow my steps it will make it just like the iPhone / Blackberry...

Real time status updates, reply without having to go to the site ;) and more.
  9. tommy_ed

nice! link? :)
  10. XboxOmac

XboxOmac Well-Known Member

Well, I use the Facebook App right now and I don't see problems with it. Although, I have to admit, a leading Android programmer is good about now...
  11. BORIStheBLADE

BORIStheBLADE Well-Known Member

I agree with the OP. I'm not going to get into whats it lacks in, but I emailed the dev through the marketplace.

Wheres the link? I don't see a tips and trick area in the forum. unless its under a phone specific forum?
  12. tommy_ed

13. imtoomuch

imtoomuch Well-Known Member

14. mikeymop

mikeymop Well-Known Member

The update that came today FINALLY fixed that, the only thing they need to catch up is FN chat and page management like the iPhone
  15. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Facebook really does not make that much money. In fact they barely made money recently. Up til then they were losing lots of money. Mark Z.'s wealth is purely speculative based upon the perceived value of the Facebook users.

As a Facebook user I'd pay exactly $0 for the platform. I could give it up if I had to.