Facebook Newfeed on Epic not working?Support

Last Updated:

1. boo radley

boo radley Active Member This Topic's Starter

Odd -- for about the last 4 days, tapping "News Feed" in the native Facebook widget on the Sprint Epic4G fails to load, and I see the highly informative error:

an error occured while fetching data [null]

Anyone else have this issue? I've logged in and out, and refreshed, but still can't load the news feed. Thx!

Advertisement
  2. Seddy

Seddy Well-Known Member

I used to have that problem with my Moment and one day it just fixed itself. Luckily I haven't ran into the issue with my Epic yet. *knocks on wood*. Try checking the Market for an update. I can tell you that its not the phone, its FB... it works when it wants to and ither times its stubborn as hell. You've done all the troubleshooting steps so all thats left to do now is wait it out. You can also try to clear the Cache/Data for the FB app in Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Manage Applications. Then hit Menu and Filter All apps.. Good Luck!

boo radley likes this.
  3. boo radley

boo radley Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yup. I went to the Market, and downloaded Facebook again, which installed v1.3.2 App now works, and has some new features. Wonder why an update notification wasn't pushed?

4. Seddy

Seddy Well-Known Member

Who knows... I've found that whenever you download a new app from the market it then prompts for updates for whatever app needs updating. My Moment used to prompt me whenever an update was available. I dont know whats up with the Epic..

But all in all, im glad I could offer assistance. :)

5. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

yep, same here, ignored it that day and now it's fine. chalking it up to either sprint or facebook server issues.