Facebook news feedSupport

Last Updated: 2012-06-27 02:08:31
  1. djbuick

djbuick New Member

Weird thing has happened and I don't understand how it happened. My news feeds were coming just fine then a couple days ago they decided to only go down a narrow strip down the middle. The app is full screen but the feed is about 1/3 of the width running down the middle. Like this.

Facebook
    [..................................{news feed }..............................]

Advertisement
  2. ComputerGranny

ComputerGranny Well-Known Member

Mine's doing the same thing. Only happens with the app. Everything is normal in the browser. I tried unistalling and reinstalling the app with no improvement. It is the same in both portrait and landscape mode.
  3. rolento76

rolento76 New Member

I am having the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9. Hopefully this can be resolved soon.
  4. CargoMatatu

CargoMatatu Well-Known Member

Me too. I find it particularly annoying!
  5. GirlFriday

GirlFriday Well-Known Member

The newest update was a huge fail. For some reason they decide to force it to treat tablets like phones. That's why it's formatted like that. It also forces the photos to display horribly. I have no idea what they were thinking.
  6. ComputerGranny

I don't know if it's temporary, but tonight it seems to be fixed! Am I imagining it?
  7. ComputerGranny

Another update. I guess I'm nuts. Except for that one time, it hasn't worked. Sorry for the false info. I found a suggestion to switch from stretch to fill screen to zoom to fill screen. That does allow you to see the whole picture, but messes with the resolution of everything else. I do not have a problem on my Android phone or on Facebook via the browser.
  8. GirlFriday

GirlFriday Well-Known Member

Yeah I just go to Facebook via the browser. It's a shame they ruined the app though.