Facebook newsfeed error?Support

Last Updated:

1. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Anyone else having complications with the Facebook for Android app?

Whenever I go to my newsfeed, I get an error that says "An error has occurred while fetching data. [MalformedJSON]" .. and the newsfeed will show "No content"

2. inphoenix

inphoenix Well-Known Member

Same issue on my Motorola Droid for last 2-3 days.
  3. woop

This issue went away for me about a day after I made this thread (have no clue why, I didn't do anything different). Maybe try restarting your phone?
  4. jimbiss

jimbiss Active Member

i am getting the same thing, i have restarted my phone twice now
  5. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

I was getting errors tonite usine the fb app as well. Couldn't view my profile or update notifications.
  6. EgoDogg

EgoDogg Well-Known Member

Just so you's know you're not alone, it just started happening to me also, late this evening
  7. watersrules

watersrules Well-Known Member

same deal on 2 droids in my house.. tried restarting.. no dice.. thinking they are doing an update with regard to the new privacy deal, but that is just me speculating.. not gospel!
  8. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

It's a FB error not your device. They're rolling out their new privacy setting and it will likely affect pulling any data down from their servers. Just hold off for the next few days until the privacy settings are all rolled out and the service should resume as normal.
  9. vgp

vgp Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the same thing. There is a small connection between privacy and having come up on yout mobile.
  10. Tony Touch

Tony Touch Well-Known Member

Yep same error on my phone. The recent change in FB privacy settings has to be the issue.
  11. slippyfish

slippyfish New Member

Think we are all in the same boat who can we contact?
  12. Arte Suave

Arte Suave Active Member

I am having the same problem. Worked fine until yesterday afternoon.
  13. cdk118

cdk118 Active Member

yeah mine has been doing it since last night.
  14. kv83

kv83 Member

Hello all, i am new to this and dont really know how to start a thread. I have the HTC magic and was wondering what is the best email app? K9? Maildroid?

Please and Thanks,

15. gingin523

gingin523 New Member

As of this morning, I am not able to get my Fb news feeds or view my profile on my Moto DROID. I can see pics and other things at home page, but not those. Does anyone know when, or if, this will be fixed?:(
  16. sezaro21

sezaro21 Well-Known Member

Same issue here. I can veiw everything except the News Feed option. I called VZW and they didn't even know of the issue. I guess since other people are having this issue, it must be an issue with the app and not the provider. I can go to the Facebook website from my browser and it works great there, it just my app that doesn't work. Hope they get it up and running soon.
  17. Tony Touch

Tony Touch Well-Known Member

This issue started for me after I went to facebook.com on my laptop and turned on the new privacy setting for "Let me know when someone tries to log in from a new device". Did anyone else do this?

I thought logging out of the Facebook app on the phone and logging back in might fix this, but the app says all Facebook info will be wiped from the phone.

I went to facebook.com and turned off that privacy setting, but that did not fix the issue.
  18. omegaspectre

omegaspectre New Member

I have a droid and have the same issue. my question for everyone else posting is, is this only happening to the droid? or is it happening to all android phones across all networks, i work for tmobile so i guess when i go into work today ill check our mytouchs and cliqs and all those phones. but anyone on vzw with a devour, incredible, eris having the issue?
  19. ws450r

ws450r Member

I'm having this issue as well. Started last night, still going on today. I can access facebook through a web browser though.
  20. Scblacksunshine

Scblacksunshine Well-Known Member

Same here...stupid FB..probably can't even get their privacy setting right and somehow messed something up..
  21. Patkid

Patkid Well-Known Member

I logged off FB and then back on.............seems okay (on my Incredible)
  22. Nfynite

Nfynite Member

its happening to me and ive restarted my phone so idk whats goin on...
  23. woop

Someone mentioned it was some new privacy tools they are implementing/updating, and it should be fine by tomorrow.
  24. MisawaCraig

MisawaCraig Member

I'm having the same issues on my INC. News & Profile don't work but pics, notifications, etc all work. Seems to be related to the Privacy Settings change taking effect. Be patient and it'll work out. Probably not until after the long weekend tho.
  25. watersrules

watersrules Well-Known Member

working on my Droid as of this AM