• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook NewsFeed in Random Order

ChristineO

Jul 18, 2010
I'm using the Facebook mobile site and the News Feed never comes up current with the newest listed first then descending. No matter how I refresh, or if I hit 'Home' or the actual "News' button. It randomly scatters them (differently each time I try to refresh). I tried the FB app that came with the phone as well - and the same thing happens. I've cleared cache, rebooted, and yet nothing seems to help. On my computer and laptop, the most recent are always listed first.

Is this common? Does anyone else have this problem? I've been watching the forum for quite some time to see if anyone else posted this problem and haven't seen anything yet......

I use the fb app and it has always been in order of most recent. The mobile site (m.facebook.com) has the option at the top to choose between top news and most recent, but I don't think that the touch fb site does.

I use the FB app, the mobile site, the Touch site, and the Full site depending on what I am doing as they all have things they can't do. The Touch site does have the option to order the newsfeed. Where it says Newsfeed put your thumb on it and it will refresh and switch to live feed which will put the newsfeed in order newest first. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones