Facebook not hiding declined events in calendarSupport

Last Updated:

1. Himmad

Himmad Member This Topic's Starter

I have my facebook synced with my calendar, now I came from Web OS and if you would confirm to an event, it would show up in your calender, if you would put maybe/not attending, it wouldn't for those pesky 2 month events that people love to make.

Now my problem is that I have it synced, and double checked and I am declined for the events and even have the "hide declined events" checked but yet they are still being displayed.

Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Advertisement
  2. deftninja

deftninja New Member

I just got the phone and was having the same issue. I went on facebook and went to view all events. I then clicked on the link where it said not attending and in the bottom left of the pop up chose remove event...I don't think that's what you should have to do, but that's my best fix so far.

Himmad likes this.
  3. Himmad

Himmad Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah but some events I still need there so I can go there when I need it.

Fix this pleaseee

4. saaron

saaron New Member

I went back to check the event and it put me back on the Maybe/Declined list...
    Odd?

But YES! It would be great to NOT show the Declined Events, I don't mind the Maybe's, I still want the option to see the maybe's BUT I really don't want to see the declines... Especially since I can not see them in Facebook.

And Facebook has it's own event isses, like showing you items as you type in the search criteria, but if you ask for the full list, the items that show while you are typing are NOT in the final list???

Anyway, let me know if you found a fix and thanks again for the workaround.

Thanks,
    Samwise

5. nobrayn

nobrayn New Member

Hi everyone,

A friend invited me to this event that runs for 3 months, which I declined to attend. So every day I see the little mark indicating there's something to do that day. Annoying to say the least.:mad:

I've tried the following:
    Declining the event
    Scouring the FB and FB Mobile and FB App Event page for any way to remove the event (There used to be that functionality, I swear. But now all I can choose is "Going, Maybe, Not Going" with no way to block / hide the event)
    Un-syncing the FB calendar
    Deleting the local calendar data
    Checking "Hide Declined Events" in the Calendar app settings

And when I re-sync, the event shows up every time.

Has there been any progress on this? Is there an official bug submitted that I can comment on?

Thx, and good luck...!