Facebook not updating my friends profile pictures...Support

Last Updated:

1. Raadius

Raadius Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the favorite widgets and I'm using my friends FaceBook as there profile picture. Only problem is, it wont update there pic, it's going on days now since they've change there pic and it wont update. I have unsync FB, resync and its update only that time, but it wont do it automatically. Any help plz?

Advertisement
  2. Raadius

bump

3. sweteg

sweteg Well-Known Member

Did you refresh it from in the program?

4. Raadius

Yes, doesn't work.

5. MrX8503

MrX8503 Well-Known Member

I believe this is a known issue and the only way to update it is to delete your facebook account and recreate it. It will still save your contacts and it'll resync up, updating all your photos.

If you don't want to go through this hassle, you can download the app Syncmypix which I'm using now and it works pretty good.

6. droalex

droalex Active Member

Noticed that too =/

7. vli

vli New Member

i was wondering the same thing. did u sign in as just "facebook" or the "facebook for htc sense"? just now i deleted facebook and added facebook for htc sense and all the pics updated, or maybe it was because i deleted and added it again.

8. MrX8503

MrX8503 Well-Known Member

Its because you deleted and added it again. Thats the only way that I know of to update the pics without installing an extra app

9. Raadius

I've contacted HTC, Ill see what they say. It's been a couple days, kinda strange they haven't emailed me back.

10. Raadius

Tried it, didn't work. My phone kept overwriting the program, wouldn't let it sync my friends new FB pics, very strange. I even turned off auto sync, still wouldn't work, :(

11. hakujin

hakujin Well-Known Member

sad that this worked w/o a hitch in 1.5 and didn't require syncmypix. Now, HTC has stripped the ability to manually set contacts to facebook pics and bdays; doesn't update as it should; and doesn't leave an option to correct indivdiual contact to facebook mappings which was JUST available in an EARLIER sense build.

Sad really.

12. Raadius

It worked perfect on my HD2, auto updates and all, now I miss the phone :(

13. hakujin

hakujin Well-Known Member

i find WinMo's touch screen quirky and limited when compared to Android, more so w/ Sense as it accentuated the faults IMO, but I do miss some very specific WinMo apps.

14. droid51378

droid51378 Well-Known Member

I an having the same issue but only with a few contacts.

15. SimonB

SimonB New Member

Hi All
    I've had my Desire a few months now and came across a few of the issues above, and have come to a few conclusions. The Sync of pictures to contacts and favorites seems to be automatic if a contact has their phone number on their FB profile, not instant, may even only do it when the phone is switched off and back on, but it does do it. Contacts on FB that don't have their number stored on FB won't change. However I downloaded the Facebook Syn app from the market place and ran this. It will then update your pictures. May need a reboot of phone to take effect. Would be nice if it did it automatically, but it doesn't for now, but this is a reasonable work around.

16. Sheldonrichman

Sheldonrichman Member

Weird that an additional app would be needed. All the Hero reviews praise this FB/people sync feature, yet so many of us are having trouble with it. Time for a software update, I think. (My Palm Pre did all this automatically.)

I spent more than an hour on the phone with Sprint. Nothing -- including a hard reset -- worked. They told me to take the phone back and get another Hero. That didn't work either.

17. woodsk

woodsk Member

madcow12 and damink23 like this.
  18. Sheldonrichman

Sheldonrichman Member

19. Sheldonrichman

Sheldonrichman Member

Does not work with the HTC Hero.

20. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I read on another forum about a possible workaround for the htc sense facebook issue. Update your facebook profile. Enter the place where you work in the "Education and work" area. It fixed the problem for me and several others (couldn't sync for days, after the profile update it synced instantly). Makes no sense (no pun intented) but it works.

It worked on mine. Deleted what was in work and education, turned phone on and off...then presto...it syncs again.

21. Sheldonrichman

Sheldonrichman Member

No change for me. My FB friend list does not appear when I try to link a contact to FB.

22. Sheldonrichman

Sheldonrichman Member

I assume you mean: update profile from phone. I tried both without success.

23. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I had to do it in that order for it to work.....partially. contacts still are not syncing but it did let me log in and syncs other data via friendstream etc.

Update work and school on desktop, deleted HTC sense from applications section of Facebook. Power cycled phone. Settings, accounts and sync, add account, logged in.

It is a step in the right direction.

24. Connectz

Connectz Well-Known Member

The problem I have with the native Facebook app is there is no way to compose a private message or check your inbox (at least I haven't been able to find a way and Ive been through all the menus).

25. Sheldonrichman

Sheldonrichman Member

Actually, I don't see how to change my profile from my phone. In Settings/Networks & Sync, hitting "sync now" appears to do something -- except nothing is synced.