• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook notification count on app icon

S

sonton2003

Somehow my Facebook app shows the notifications right on the app icon iteself. My wife's S4 doesn't do that. I don't think I did anything special. Any thoughts on how I can get this for my wife's S4?

RyhLr9c.jpg

For what it's worth... the FB icon that was on my home screen did not show the count. But the FB icon in the Applications Folder did show the icon. I don't remember if the FB icon was already on the home screen when I bought the phone (and I just moved it to where I wanted it). In any event... I removed that icon and dragged the icon from the Apps Folder onto the homescreen and I still have count.

Upvote 0
Does anyone else's Facebook look like mine with the notifications on the app?
Mine was like that when I first got the phone and was running the stock launcher on Android 4.2.2 + whatever version of the FB app was current then (beginning of this month). I'm using Apex Launcher Pro now, and it's a standard (configuarable) feature.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones