Facebook notification count on app iconGeneral

1. sonton2003

sonton2003 Guest

Somehow my Facebook app shows the notifications right on the app icon iteself. My wife's S4 doesn't do that. I don't think I did anything special. Any thoughts on how I can get this for my wife's S4?

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

Are you both running updated versions of Facebook? Maybe one of you has notifications enabled and the other doesn't? Just guessing here.
  3. sonton2003

sonton2003 Guest

Does anyone else's Facebook look like mine with the notifications on the app?
  4. atmasters

atmasters Well-Known Member

No I dont get that on my S4 from Telus. I just checked all my settings and I have everything checked for notifications.
  5. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

I have a Verizon S4 and do get the notification count on the icon.

BigRedGonzo
  6. sonton2003

sonton2003 Guest

I can't find anything about this you guys have any luck getting this feature to work?
  7. summber

summber Well-Known Member

I don't have that either and i have the samsung galaxy s4 just purchase last wednesday. How do we get that count? I'ld like that but I don't want it dining each time a message is posted.
  8. summber

summber Well-Known Member

How do I get that active app notification also? I'd like that so I can close when too many are open draining my battery.
  9. SAL8116

SAL8116 Well-Known Member

I was getting that number of notifications till the other day, now nothing.
  10. jrowlings

jrowlings Well-Known Member

For what it's worth... the FB icon that was on my home screen did not show the count. But the FB icon in the Applications Folder did show the icon. I don't remember if the FB icon was already on the home screen when I bought the phone (and I just moved it to where I wanted it). In any event... I removed that icon and dragged the icon from the Apps Folder onto the homescreen and I still have count.
  11. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

Mine was like that when I first got the phone and was running the stock launcher on Android 4.2.2 + whatever version of the FB app was current then (beginning of this month). I'm using Apex Launcher Pro now, and it's a standard (configuarable) feature.