Facebook notification link not working

Last Updated:

1. mattressback

mattressback Member This Topic's Starter

hi

this feature on my desire has never worked but im only just getting round to asking why.

it happens when i get a facebook notification and drag down the notification pane from the top of the screen

when i get a "new poke" notification and tap the message it takes me to my facebook home page and i can respond to the poke, that works fine. however when i get a "new message" notification and i tap that it just redirects me to a blank page. ie the weblink doesnt work

is there anyway to edit the weblink for this notification so that it redirects me to my facebook homepage?

Advertisement
  2. FahdR

FahdR Active Member

Which app are you using to get the Facebook notifications!!!!
    Last i checked it wasn't possible due to various issues...

3. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

I dont get any facebook notifaications on mine, im just using friendstream though...
    but dont remember getting them when using the facebook app that came with the phone either?

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

yeah I do, but its random. I just check friend stream and emails for updates.

5. mattressback

mattressback Member This Topic's Starter

its facebook for android as far as im aware, it came preinstalled on the phone, you just need to go into it, then hit menu button and then tick the boxes for what you want notifications for, ie pokes messages friend invites

6. FahdR

FahdR Active Member

I do have them Ticked, but still no notifications??:confused:

7. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

I'm getting the same problem, but the funny thing is I only started getting notifications in my notifications bar a couple of days ago and in the early house! It also used one of my MP3s as a notification sound which woke me up at about 3am.

I get a blank page when I click on the link in the notification bar, and if I clear the notification it just pops up again about an hour afterwards, so I can never get rid of the notification! I have also unticked all the notification settings in the FB app but still get them.

8. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

I get the notifications and can view them. It never originally did this, or maybe i didn't have the right setting. I can see friend requests etc.

I also get the notifications for messages, but those never show, just get a blank screen.

9. FahdR

FahdR Active Member

I figured out i was using the Task Killer to Kill the app so i wasn't getting notifications.
    Plus i also had to check the phone led option.