1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook Notifications App?

Last Updated:

1. Pagger

Pagger New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I have a HTC Desire, and it's pretty much amazing and all.

One of the things that bugs me tho, (coming from the iPhone which had that ability)
    is that the Facebook app, dosn't show any notifications, and that is something i'dd really want.

I've tryed searching the forum, but couldn't find anything usefull.

cam ot really be true that I can't get any app's which can show me notifications from facebook?

Advertisement
  2. jahsh

jahsh Active Member

I would try using bloo.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. thevoiceless

thevoiceless Active Member

The Facebook widget for Android is pretty widely accepted as sub-par, and I don't think there's a way to do that. I haven't used Bloo so I don't know if it offers that functionality.

4. silliybilly

silliybilly Well-Known Member

The Facebook app really needs to be upgraded big time! Android has so many things it does right and better than other platforms but fb is not one of these apps. The Facebook app for iPhone/iPod/iPad just got another update yesterday that added more features. The Android OS has such great notification capability, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE rebuild the Facebook app. I know most people on this forum hate and want to distance themselves from the iphone, but I would kill to have the Android FB app to be like that one! And Bloo might work but its not the same thing and looks like crap!

5. Starfleet Captain

Starfleet Captain Well-Known Member

Hell, even the Palm Pre Facebook app is light years ahead of Android's!!! The Palm Pre Folks! YOu get facebook notification alerts, fb private mail alerts, and a more intuitive app. It also lets you type more than 160 characters in your status update. Even though I love how cleverly FB functionality is built into my Evo, they fell asleep when designing the actual app! It straight blows.

6. silliybilly

silliybilly Well-Known Member

I hear ya. I can get notified when someone "pokes" me but nothing when someone writes on my wall or comments on a status?!?!? WTF? And why the heck is the lowest time frame to check for updates only 30 mins? Oh well, I guess we will have to deal with until the app gets updated. Android is "new" compared to iPhone and BlackBerry. So, we can only hope that better things are on the way.

7. Pagger

Ye, it's simply to bad, and one thing i really miss :(

I tryed Bloo, and couldn't find out how to get to show notifications either.

Nobody knows a way?

8. m165

m165 Well-Known Member

Bloo > Menu > Settings > Enable Notifications.

This works for me, alerts me when there's comments / replys / messages / status "likes" and probably more!

9. Pagger

I tryed doing that, and i got it to like semi work, it shows some of the notifications, but it dosn't show all of it.

I'll try to test that in the next few days.

Also i don't like the UI, so meanwhile i'm still looking for other suggestions :D

10. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

Well, the Facebook app for iPhone got another update. They now have video playback.
    Facebook (facebook) on Twitter

We can't even get reliable notifications.

11. thevoiceless

Do we get ANY notifications? I still rely on emails from facebook to know when something has happened.

12. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

I get notifications when I am invited to an event or receive a message. However, it's only recently that the Android App has allowed me to access my inbox via the app and not via the website itself in the browser.

There is no way of getting notifications for status updates, comments on walls etc.

It may be a stupid question, but why is the Android App so poor and featureless in comparison to it's iPhone and Blackberry counterparts? People seem to be crying out for an improved Android app, and rightly so. However, nobody seems to want to improve it, and if they do, they are taking their bloody time about it.

13. thevoiceless

Word on the street is that they've only got one person working on it, but I don't know of that's true or not.

14. joshjunior

joshjunior Member

Hopefully word on the street for you isn't like word on the street in the Marine corps lol

15. thevoiceless

I'm not sure I get the joke...

16. Robfactory

Robfactory Well-Known Member

Babbler is an amazing app that they stopped updating. It also lets you upload video to FB.
    If you go to Settings it also lets you update your twitter at the same time.
    Download here
    Sometimes it has problems being accepted by FB and you have to try a couple of times. But once you get this done you will have no problems.
    It's set to look for updates every 30 secs.

17. Starlight

Starlight Member

I have an HTC Desire and got fed up of not receiving notifications, I have switched to the 'Facebook Touch' app which is available on the Android Market. Even though its just a web browser at least I can see when I get notifications.

EDIT: Link to follow shortly, internet on the train is far too slow for my liking.

18. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

Does the Touch app give notifications? Or is it just a shortcut to the Touch website?

19. Starlight

Starlight Member

It is just a shortcut to the website and has notifications on the top left hand side on launch. Not exactly ideal but is fine for me in the mean time...

QR Code for download:

[​IMG]

20. kirbyland1986

kirbyland1986 Member

the notification are slow to come though - takes up to half an hour and that does bother me as well but my emails tells me if something been done on my facebook but i would like to take it off and have push notification so i am hoping the andriod facebook does get upgraded soon - but doesnt very often... (thats one thing about IPhone they have notification though quick plus it looks good and able to do more things on it!