facebook notifications dont work?Support

Last Updated:

1. NBbomar

NBbomar Active Member This Topic's Starter

So my new incredible doesn't update like my blackberry did. I checked the settings and the notifications are selected, buut nothing comes through. When I open the app and goto the home screen and then notifications, I have to force a refresh to see my responses, etc...any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

Only facebook updates I get through the DInc is messages, pokes, and events...

Haven't found a way of getting status updates or stuff like that as of yet, I don't think its possible.

3. NBbomar

Well that sucks. So if you comment on something you don't see the other responses til you go looking for them....ugh

4. acidarmitage

acidarmitage Well-Known Member

use email notifications to push them to your phone. the facebook app on android blows

5. NBbomar

How do you set that up. Through Facebook itself?

6. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

Yes

In Facebook options set it so your notifications got to your email, then set the email up on the phone :p

I'm hoping FB app gets better for android :(

7. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

As everyone has already posted, comments on status'/pictures don't go through as notifications. It is dumb, yes I know.

Agreed x 100!

8. atlas310

atlas310 Well-Known Member

Not dumb at all. I hate commenting on someone's status/picture and then getting 50 notifications because other people did as well. Of course what is dumb is facebook doesn't give you the option to select whether or not you want to be notified when they do comment (at least I haven't found a way).

9. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Well, I will say that its relative then, since most the members here would welcome that feature (seeing as how there are a few threads about this out), as would I. Atleast give people the option if they want those type of notifications, just like they do with other stuff like messages and invites. The Facebook app still needs alot of work done in several areas IMO. Not very polished.

10. Niqueface

Niqueface New Member

I was getting my FB notifications on my DInc, but then I went out of town, and started getting this error anytime I try to refresh them:

Cannot retrieve the notifications. Please try again later. [101/Invalid API Key].

What does this mean and how do I fix it?!:confused: