Facebook Notifications QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if there is anyway to have facebook notify you when someone comments on your status or on a photo? I wouldn't see why google would leave this out, the only thing I see is settings for when people send you a message or a poke. If there is any way that you can turn on notifications for comments please tell me.

Thanks,
    An UrgeTo Dance

Advertisement
  2. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the Facebook integration is HTC's doing on the Sense side and then Facebook's own developed App so one of them would need to add the functionality. Why Facebook hasn't done this yet I have no idea.

3. silliybilly

silliybilly Well-Known Member

Facebook for Android has just been updated to version 1.3!! Don't know what has changed yet. I just downloaded new update.

An UrgeTo Dance likes this.
  4. supaumar

supaumar Well-Known Member

√aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

5. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

6. An UrgeTo Dance

Thanks for all the help I just downloaded the new version, hopefully they added notifications.

7. jparker71

jparker71 Well-Known Member

I like bloo for uploading pics. Its let's you choose what album you want rather than just putting them in mobile upload.

8. keyholeSecrets

keyholeSecrets Well-Known Member

Has anyone successfully played a video within the app? According to AndroidCentral it's suppose to, but every time I try I keep getting an error or the option to open in a browser or the YouTube app.

9. jparker71

Haven't tried in the app but have played videos at facebook.com. I also noticed its possible to chat there too.

10. An UrgeTo Dance

Facebook for HTC Sense allows you to choose the album just when you go to share the picture just hit Android for HTC Sense instead of Facebook for Android.

Now back on topic I can confirm that the new app does not send notifications to your phone, it keeps them within the app.

jparker71 likes this.
  11. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

yeat it does that only thing still sucks is the it will take you to the webpage which i still don't understand why, not even my BB did that but wtv wait another 4 months to see if they fix that

12. jparker71

Hadn't tried that, thanks for the tip.

13. An UrgeTo Dance

I only use Facebook for Sense when I post pictures because it lets you pick the album. the rest of the time I usually go to the page through my browser because I can see the page like it shows on my computer.

14. skittlesV1

skittlesV1 Well-Known Member

I can install the new facebook update. It says unsucessful every time even after reboot. Im using the new fresh 3

15. Flash77

Flash77 Well-Known Member

Yes you can. I just finished installing the update.

16. Geek Goddess

Geek Goddess Well-Known Member

Why don't you use the notifications built into FB itself? I get status updates, comments, etc.via text message. On the FULL version of FB, just go to the "mobile" tab under Account Settings and activate your phone number, then choose what you want to be notified about in the "notifications" tab.

InstantKarma likes this.
  17. Vicdude

Vicdude Well-Known Member

I was just gonna say that Geek :D

18. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

FWIW the current version of FB for android lets you pick the album.

19. yozhik83

yozhik83 Member

I researched for a day and found a solution. You Android users will notice that when you log into Facebook and view your settings, 'Facebook For Android' does not become one of your 'Authorized Apps' under 'privacy settings', as it should.

If you log in to your Facebook account from a Blackberry, you will find that Facebook adds 'Facebook For Blackberry Smartphones' to your 'Authorized Apps' list. This app has access to all of your notifications.

When you log out of the Blackberry, and log back in on your Android device, you should find that your notifications now work in real time.

As a side note, I also uninstalled, then reinstalled the updates to my Facebook app through the Market. I logged my phone and all apps out of Facebook and rebooted my phone to ensure it was a fresh start. Notifications didn't start working immediately. Be patient with this method. As of 12 hours later, ALL of my notifications push instantly like they're supposed to. Even "likes", comments, tags and posts.

If you don't have access to a Blackberry, go to a cell phone store and use their demo. Just be sure to log out when you're done. :)

20. yozhik83

yozhik83 Member

By the way, when you log in from a Blackberry, it must be from the Facebook app, not the browser.