Facebook Notifications

Last Updated:

1. jpetersen5

jpetersen5 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have always gotten Facebook Notifications on my FB ap my blackberry. For everything, wall posts, comments on status updates, etc...

The only notifications I am getting now on the Droid are Friend Requests and messages, both of which require me to go into the mobile FB page to view.

Any idea how to get all of the notifications working through the Facebook ap like the Blackberry ap or is the Android Ap not quite at that level yet?

Advertisement
  2. JRowMe

JRowMe Well-Known Member

+1 Me too... and blabber doesn't really help.
    i'm assuming that facebook will update their app now that android is getting more exposure.
    til then no idea...

3. bwsmith

bwsmith Well-Known Member

Bump. Coming from a Storm, this Facebook app is nice except the notifications coming in through email rather than an actual notification from the App.

4. helios001

helios001 New Member

The Facebook App for android DOES provide with native notifications (ie, through the app and not via email), it's simply at a very, very long interval: 30 minutes at minimum, if you look at the app settings.

I also came to a Droid from a Storm (a trend, I see), and there's a very different way that the BlackBerry Facebook app handles notifications: On the BlackBerry, the notifications ARE emails. The Facebook app will receive the email and recognize it as a Facebook notification, and then it will delete the email from your mailbox and reprocess it as a Facebook application notification on the handheld itself.

Since the Facebook app on Android is developed directly by Google, I would hope that there would be a similar kind of function since I imagine most of us use gmail as our Facebook mail accounts.

My personal biggest issue is that Facebook links open in the web browser: even when you go to the notifications section of the app itself, the links STILL open in the browser, even though there is a perfectly function comment/like system built into the Facebook app.

5. mcadam

mcadam Well-Known Member

I just noticed this tonight. I got a FB notification for a friend request, but hitting it took me to the web page instead of the app. Pretty lame.