Facebook now has Push!

1. wooly

wooly Active Member

This
  2. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

i only have facebook for sense under there. No facebook at all. And everything works for me
  3. Mr Marcus

Mr Marcus Well-Known Member

I use the non-sense (pun intended) fb app... just "up"graded..no push here. Only reason Id use this version. If I cant get push to work, Im going back to the old version... any insight on why its working for some and not others (with the same phone)?

Rooted DI here.
  4. jryan727

jryan727 Well-Known Member

This just made my week! Thanks for the heads up! I always forget to check for updates...
  5. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Anyone who believes they have push notifications working can you tell us how you know, other than "I am getting notifications faster"?

I do not mean that to be sarcastic, but aside from some of us being rooted, we are all on the same phone running some version of 2.2 (some ROM's are 2.2.1) so you'd think it would be the same on all of our phones.

There are over 1,000 comments on FB since the posting of the release and it seems like 980 of them are people who aside from chat are not getting any different behavior.
  6. slinky317

slinky317 Well-Known Member

Those of you getting push notifications, can we go through the settings on the Facebook app?

Here is what I have, and I'm NOT getting push notifications:

Refresh interval: 2 hours
    Notifications: Checked/Active
    Friend requests: Checked
    Event invites: Checked
    Vibrate: Not Checked
    Phone LED: Checked
    Notification ringtone (don't think this matters but whatever): Ascend
  7. DandFSlone

DandFSlone New Member

New to the forum here today.

My roommate just got his Incredible yesterday and his facebook has push notifications while I do not. I got my Incredible back in August. I upgraded his facebook app and my facebook app at the same time. The reason I know he has push is because if I post to facebook he gets notified within 5 seconds. Where as if he posts to mine I have to use a different program to receive my notifications. Our phones are set the same inside of facebook so I figure it is a facebook problem as to why he gets the push and I dont.
  8. machelle

machelle Member

Mine are all the same except mine is 30 minutes and I am getting notifications. I removed my facebook from accounts and just downloaded the app from the market, then turned my phone off for 30 minutes. So far its been 24 hours and I am working great. Chat is ok but I hardly ever do it anyways.
  9. slinky317

Can you look at the "Accounts & sync" option in the Android menu and see if you guys have any differences? Also, click the "Add account" button and see if the Facebook option (not Facebook for HTC Sense) appears, if it has a green checked circle next to it, etc.
  10. Coldfuse

Coldfuse Member

does anyone else have group problems as well? I cannot see any of my groups at all. Since it was introduced... not a darn thing. HTC Desire 2.2.
  11. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

and once everybody gets used to it, they will change it all up to make it "better" and "easier":rolleyes:
  12. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Honestly, have ANY of the facebook updates made it better?
  13. Mr Marcus

Machelle- are you saying you're getting true PUSH notifications?

*Not directed at you, Machelle*, but I don't know why they'd have interval settings if we're supposedly getting push? Anyone else actually getting push, please chime in....

C'mooonnnnnnnn Facebook.
  14. howarmat

ok here are my settings
    Refresh interval: 1 hours
    Notifications: Checked/Active
    Friend requests: Checked
    Event invites: Checked
    Vibrate: Checked
    Phone LED: Checked

I also do not have "facebook" listed under my accounts and sync
    [​IMG]

You can see the push notification in my notifications right here
    [​IMG]
  15. slinky317

Could it have something to do with the privacy options for Facebook?
  16. Mr Marcus

Ok, just mirrored mine to yours. My FB is not in my Accts and Sync either. Let's see if this works......
  17. Mr Marcus

Negative. And even tried it again after restarting phone. Nada.
  18. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

But if you click Add Account, do you see it on the next page?
  19. Mr Marcus

Howarmat, in your FB account, do you have your SMS notifications enabled or no? Email notifications?
  20. Mr Marcus

I'm not Howarmat :) but I do see it if I hit Add Account.... however, if I tap it there, it does nothing, like I never touched it. Hmmmmm.
  21. amarryat

amarryat Well-Known Member

Definitely getting push notifications - I have noticed them when someone comments on my status update. They must have neglected to change the "Refresh interval" settings choices. Mine is set to "Never", but the item directly below it "Notifications" is set to "Active". Maybe "Never" should be renamed to "Push".
  22. Mr Marcus

That was my first theory, and it didn't work for me either. I have tried now at NEVER, 30min, 1hour... goose egg.

For those getting pushed notifications, are you just getting pushed notifications from comments on your status? How about for the subsequent comments after you comment on or like someone else's status- or if someone posts on your wall? Anything else?
  23. howarmat

no SMS and no emails

correct this is how mine works also.
  24. howarmat

i am getting push from other posts on other profiles also, not just mine
  25. Mr Marcus

Hmm, maybe that's it (somefreakinhow). Back to the drawing board. A while back I put my sms notifications on in lieu of Push. Lemme go try that before I do something rash lol....